Gaming Grand Theft Auto WII

romeoondaline

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If this happens it would maj=ke my life much easier, cuz i only want the PS3 for the GTA4 , but all the other games i want is on the Wii, it would also be interseting to see how u shoot the people hehehe

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That wild west game Rockstar did would be great for Wii if made to suit the wiimote, even Bully would be great, or erm even a sequel to Manhunt where you use the wiimote to strangle people.

Rockstar always make games for consoles that sell well, which is why GTA came to GBC and GBA.

Brouhaha

Trophies
Website
spaces.msn.com
XP
Country
Canada
The term you are looking for is remade, not ported. We want the ability to use the Wii controller, while a port would just be the same game on a different platform. And we would have to play it with the classic controller. Lame.

Seeing as how only the input code would need to be reworked, then yeah, it would be a port indeed. You think the input code for the xbox and playstation is the same? No. Quite close, but still rewritten/remapped

If you think about it, AI, physics, models, texture loading and game logic would probably be all the same routines (about 90% of the code right there)... But modellers and other artists would probably have to bring the poly count and texture resolution down. But then, these tweaks happen between all platform.

Final answer: it would be a port indeed
wink2.gif

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't think there is that much money involved. If there is the potential for good GTA sales on the Wii, Rockstar will consider making a GTA game for it. I really don't think there are big game-political deals in the background.

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think there is that much money involved. If there is the potential for good GTA sales on the Wii, Rockstar will consider making a GTA game for it. I really don't think there are big game-political deals in the background.

But there are deals, Pro Evo is a case in point, it's totally multi-format in Japan but over here it's strangely absent from the GC catalogue, and the reason isn't that Pro Evo wouldn't sell on the GC. It's all because Sony really want to monopolise but Microsoft are willing to pay to resist them and Nintendo just aren't.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm surprised GTA 3 or Vice City never appeared on the Gamecube it was possible even on the small discs. Hopefully if its released on whe wii it will have online features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran