Hacking Hard drive standby mode solved?!

Pegasos123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi
i have one question which is very important

is the hard drive issue solved which caused that the harddrive
goes into standby while playing?

is this in all games?

Thanatos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the issue is with the Drive itself not the USB Loader, i think the seagate tool will let you set the standby on non seagate drives as well.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was solver about 2 days after Wanin released his first USB loader. I quick search would have told you that you just get teh software from teh people that made your drive to fix this.

Cypherdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is solved with current CIOS versions (since 13a I think?). It makes the Wii periodically write-accessing the drive (every few seconds) which avoids the drive going to sleep. Can't try out if it really works though, cause my drive doesn't have a sleep mode like that at all, but I can see and hear the accesses.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well i'll be damned it works. ssbb no longer freezes for me. wah hahaha i said wan was gonna fix that in rev13 but no one believed me
biggrin.gif

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cypherdias said:
It is solved with current CIOS versions (since 13a I think?). It makes the Wii periodically write-accessing the drive (every few seconds) which avoids the drive going to sleep. Can't try out if it really works though, cause my drive doesn't have a sleep mode like that at all, but I can see and hear the accesses.

I have 2 WD drives; a Passport and a MyBook. As of rev13, the spindown is indeed fixed. Both drives have an LED, and you can see the drive get accessed periodically in anything that uses 249.

Eclipse01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what is the "seagate tool" to fix this?

anytime I pause the game for long periods my game/HDD freezes or goes into standby, or thats what I assume.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night