Hacking HBC 1.0.4 intentionally loads upside down!

C

CasperH

zetetic said:
Hector by name, Hector by nature...

I had thought of treatise on this topic.

But, no, fuck it, his coding skills do not outweigh his dickness.

On side note can I still get the middle finger by wading my install 1.03 of HBC and reinstalling?
No, I believe it was removed.
Where do you get 1.0.3 in wad form anyway?

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
@ CasperH

They indeed told so on the Wii Brew Discussions wiki. (some boy cried about it.. :/ )
But they didn't remove it. (Luckily they didn't
tongue.gif
)
Since I can still get it if I try hard enough. ;P

--

I was reading some comments on page 4. (I don't think I need to go to other pages..)

You're all crying about 'childish' 'ass' 'retard' '4chan' and what so ever.
That's all old poo grandpa shit talking, go ahead cry go to your mom.

I like all those easter eggs, I can't see why you guys are getting mad.
Maybe because your very very limited knowledge how to fix it and go panic. And go mad to try and hope to let them fix it for you.

Have some respect for these guys, they are your only freaking hope for Homebrew. (At least.. They where the first and the only one to find the Homebrew exploits and improve the stuff.)

Just my 2 cents..

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
There is something you fail to understand: they are not saying that they intentionnally added this bug but rather that they don't give a shit if this happen to you when installing patched IOS, simply because they are not supported (and obviously not required) by HBC, that's all

I agree with that, fixing bugs that only happen on very specific, unsupported and not conventionnal configurations seems quite a loss of time. And there are obviously good reasons why they are analysing IOS in the first time, not to detect pirate but to ensure best compatibility and avoid stupid bricks (things that most other "hacking" brews does not care about)

that's said, Marcan is still an idiot and acting like a frustrated child by editing your bug reports like that

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant see why 5 pages are need to comeplain about TT screwing with people . ive been on the sceen like 2 yrs now and this you come to expect from them. i still say while others may not be as pretty as hbc you can always use some thing else to load homebrew. (not takeing anything away from TT)

As far Marcan he is a jerk

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would not mind if they do this on CIOScorp, but "blocking" any fakesigned IOS just means I will not use it. I am not installing anything on my Wii that I know has a fixed signature check. I confess I did resort to cIOScorp for IOSes 53 and above, but SysMenu IOS 30 remains untouched, and so does every one 36 or below, of which there are unfixed Nintendo versions (from which I do not desire to update).

zetetic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
they are not saying that they intentionnally added this bug

Are they saying they didn't? they have wasted time on the such like before.

I could believe a black screen and an accept it and get over it attitude, but a flipped and inverted screen because of a trucha bug...

p1010236do.jpg

I call shenanigans and will quite happily rochambeau marcan over it.

Hmmm so the bird remains. I like the idea of a fuck you becoming a desirable feature...

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Adr990 said:
[...]

I like all those easter eggs, I can't see why you guys are getting mad.
Maybe because your very very limited knowledge how to fix it and go panic. And go mad to try and hope to let them fix it for you.

[...]

Just my 2 cents..
^^^^^^
QUOTE(Jacobeian @ Sep 25 2009, 07:53 PM) There is something you fail to understand: they are not saying that they intentionnally added this bug but rather that they don't give a shit if this happen to you when installing patched IOS, simply because they are not supported (and obviously not required) by HBC, that's all

I agree with that, fixing bugs that only happen on very specific, unsupported and not conventionnal configurations seems quite a loss of time. And there are obviously good reasons why they are analysing IOS in the first time, not to detect pirate but to ensure best compatibility and avoid stupid bricks (things that most other "hacking" brews does not care about)

that's said, Marcan is still an idiot and acting like a frustrated child by editing your bug reports like that

May you fail to understand.
tongue.gif
heh

Anyhow, somebody doesn't know how to 'bypass' this?
I mean.. really it isn't that hard.
tongue.gif

--

Also I agree that making the HBC screen being Up Side Down , because of a Fake singed IOS is a little lame.
tongue.gif

But they try to stop piracy, which is logically.
Though, that is Nintendo's job.
tongue.gif

But they have the rights to do whatever they wanna do with their 'hacks'. I can't blame them.
Besides, I lol at people loving softmods so much. I mean, I sooooo totally support Modchips.
Softmod makes your Wii fail. As you can see, HBC goes liek up siede d0wn! 4iN't that Fa!l?one!elven!11

Wack0

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, i was thinking of doing a 5-minute codejob to fix this and let hackmii installer run on wiis with no trucha-fixed IOS on them ..

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Fat D:
QUOTE said:
I did resort to cIOScorp for IOSes 53 and above, but SysMenu IOS 30 remains untouched, and so does every one 36 or below, of which there are unfixed Nintendo versions (from which I do not desire to update).

You do know you could update them to the latest version (and put signature check bug in them) with DOP-IOS, right?

@Jacobeian:
QUOTEthey are not saying that they intentionally added this bug but rather that they don't give a shit if this happen to you when installing patched IOS, simply because they are not supported (and obviously not required) by HBC, that's all

If I just resign an IOS61 wad and install it, without patching it or doing anything else, this happens. There is no modification, just a bad signature. If it were caused by cIOSCORP, fine - CORP is composed of frankenstein IOSes after all.

In short, its anti-piracy code. I'd rather take my chances and find out HBC doesn't work with a certain IOS then have it load upside down when it could run just fine. To this day, I have yet to find an HBC issue caused by modified IOSes. (I've run 1.0.1 on cIOSCORP's IOS36 before)

Wack0

Trophies
XP
Country
Adr990 said:
@ Wacko0

Uhm, I don't think that would be to easy.

Besides, is a .dol/.elf un-compile able, to get the source and re-compile it?

I mean using patchmii src to install IOS61 v4890 as IOS161 or something

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Oh no, let's look back at the history of things...

The first homebrew channel installer was simply a wad installer, the actual packed wad was in the binary itself tacked at the end... And when waninkoko released wad installer... oh no they cried that wad's were evil...

http://hackmii.com/2008/06/wads-and-isos-t...rez-connection/

And before that the first version of the homebrew channel didn't contain any banner and had a 10 minute time limit... someone hacked it and removed the time limit...

The response from TT was a middle finger icon for those wad installs of homebrew channel...

Afterwards they didn't change the installer a lot, only compressed the installer dol with the softdev's dollz tool which interestingly doesn't have any unpacker...

Then they wrote patchmii, used it in several programs... Remember IOS 254 that got busted by Nintendo? It was the nintendo crap patched by TT... Then when other people used patchmii in several ways and came up with this so called custom ios's... Oh no, this time they cried patching IOS is bad...

Actually first ios patching was from someone outside the visible scene, it was a patch for DI module that gave us the unencrypted read from disc functionality.. remember the time disc dumping applications appeared? And then someone called neimod came along and built the base of actual custom ios'es...

Anyway, onwards came a lot of cries from these people...
1. oh no custom channels are crap they contain copyrighted nintendo code
2. oh no custom channels are crap they don't contain copyrighted nintendo code but my code which is also copyrighted
3. oh no custom channels are crap even they don't contain any illegal stuff
4. devkitpro sucks, it contains copyrighted nintendo code

and now : oh no you patched an ios for crap, I refuse to work..

come on guys, it's not about compatibility. the words describe this attitude are selfishness, being childish, disrespect, hypocrisy and overall idiocy...

even if it's about compatibility the proper way of handling the situation is not having an obscure easter egg, you can always inform the user with a proper message and refuse to install... then it's understandable...

anyway, next time when I watch inglourious basterds I'll try to swap the faces of those high-rank nazis with the faces of these certain people... meh...

edit : guess my tongue is just twisted when transcribing the name of the movie...

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
They want to keep the HBC "legit". If they don't, Nintendo will make an update that will pwn the Homebrew Channel (and I believe it's not hard to do as the HBC uses an identifiant like "HAXX" if I remember well).

There's nothing selfish here, it's all about strategy. I believe the HBC team is only anti piracy for these reason.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
techboy said:
@Fat D:
QUOTE said:
I did resort to cIOScorp for IOSes 53 and above, but SysMenu IOS 30 remains untouched, and so does every one 36 or below, of which there are unfixed Nintendo versions (from which I do not desire to update).

You do know you could update them to the latest version (and put signature check bug in them) with DOP-IOS, right?
I do, but what would be the point? I am not updating IOSes unless I need to, as that would only introduce chances for failure, especially when using third-party tools. I have perfectly stable Nintendo IOSes with the signing bug that do not exhibit a visible lack of functionality, what more do I want?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's true. I understand that the HackMii Installer and other stuff shouldn't have to support fakesigned IOS's, but the stuff like what happened with WADder seems far from a passive issue since from what I've seen here and elsewhere, all attempts at reconciliation have failed even when the requirements were all met on their side.

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually there is a VERY GOOD REASON for them only allowing installation under Nintendo IOSs. Really. Trust marcan on this one.

Also, the upside-down thing is a nice one
biggrin.gif
!

Also: WADder adn Wiibrew are fine. End of story
smile.gif
. Marcan and I got it worked out.

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiCrazy said:
Oh no, let's look back at the history of things...

The first homebrew channel installer was simply a wad installer, the actual packed wad was in the binary itself tacked at the end... And when waninkoko released wad installer... oh no they cried that wad's were evil...

http://hackmii.com/2008/06/wads-and-isos-t...rez-connection/

And before that the first version of the homebrew channel didn't contain any banner and had a 10 minute time limit... someone hacked it and removed the time limit...

The response from TT was a middle finger icon for those wad installs of homebrew channel...

Afterwards they didn't change the installer a lot, only compressed the installer dol with the softdev's dollz tool which interestingly doesn't have any unpacker...

Then they wrote patchmii, used it in several programs... Remember IOS 254 that got busted by Nintendo? It was the nintendo crap patched by TT... Then when other people used patchmii in several ways and came up with this so called custom ios's... Oh no, this time they cried patching IOS is bad...

Actually first ios patching was from someone outside the visible scene, it was a patch for DI module that gave us the unencrypted read from disc functionality.. remember the time disc dumping applications appeared? And then someone called neimod came along and built the base of actual custom ios'es...

Anyway, onwards came a lot of cries from these people...
1. oh no custom channels are crap they contain copyrighted nintendo code
2. oh no custom channels are crap they don't contain copyrighted nintendo code but my code which is also copyrighted
3. oh no custom channels are crap even they don't contain any illegal stuff
4. devkitpro sucks, it contains copyrighted nintendo code

and now : oh no you patched an ios for crap, I refuse to work..

come on guys, it's not about compatibility. the words describe this attitude are selfishness, being childish, disrespect, hypocrisy and overall idiocy...

even if it's about compatibility the proper way of handling the situation is not having an obscure easter egg, you can always inform the user with a proper message and refuse to install... then it's understandable...
Hmm, you got a point there.
smile.gif

Great post.

QUOTE(Shuny @ Sep 25 2009, 09:40 PM) They want to keep the HBC "legit". If they don't, Nintendo will make an update that will pwn the Homebrew Channel (and I believe it's not hard to do as the HBC uses an identifiant like "HAXX" if I remember well).

There's nothing selfish here, it's all about strategy. I believe the HBC team is only anti piracy for these reason.
Yep, this was what I was thinking all the time.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night