Hekake won’t boot after upgrading stock to 18.0

Frok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First of all I’m a noob, I’ve an OLED Switch modded with Hwfly and so far everything worked perfectly.

Since all online tutorials say that stock and emu are totally disconnected, I upgraded the stock firmware to 18.0, to avoid the constant nag to update the console every time I launched a game. On the emu I still have 17.0.

Well, after the update I’m no more able to boot in Hekake. When I press the power button I see for a while the Nintendo logo, then the screen goes black. I can see the Hwfly led pulsing green and that’s all.

Pressing some buttons randomly while booting (I guess Vol– and Vol+) I can start the stock firmware, but something is still strange: the mod chip led keeps pulsing green and, if I launch a game, I can’t return to system or turn the console off because the Home and Power button don’t do anything.

Do you have any idea about what it could have happened? :(

Do I need to update some file on the SD card? Did Nintendo find a way to disable the chip in the last update? I don’t know what to do.

Thanks.

Viktorsilva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hi. Updating your stock firmware wont do any arm to your modchip. I bet you did change something to your harmod (modchip) that you forget to told. What is the error code ( green light pulsing) ?

Reactions: Frok

Frok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, thanks, it was pulsing green. But I’ve read that sometimes, after major firmware upgrades, the chip may go “out of sync”. They suggested me to reset the mod board and everything started working again. :)

Reactions: Viktorsilva

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: No thanks, We all know where that thumb has been....