Homebrew help with gpsp retroarch

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So i had this emualtor running preety well like a year or so ago but now when i try to load any gba rom i get a message saying failed to load content, mgba works but its slower, i even deleted it from main 3ds menu and updated the cia to 0.91 and same issue, im missing something crucial somewhere i dont remember?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i had this emualtor running preety well like a year or so ago but now when i try to load any gba rom i get a message saying failed to load content, mgba works but its slower, i even deleted it from main 3ds menu and updated the cia to 0.91 and same issue, im missing something crucial somewhere i dont remember?
GBA injection is your best performance route to take tbh

Reactions: Mayo1990

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
GBA injection is your best performance route to take tbh
i need save states really so i dont care if it drops afew fps, i just want gpsp running again somehow, also on new 3ds any gba game i tryed was full speed preety much back then.

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I just tested and it works fine. How have you setup retroarch? I assume you’ve installed the latest core and have the correct bios?

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I just tested and it works fine. How have you setup retroarch? I assume you’ve installed the latest core and have the correct bios?
I got the same error in Picodrive trying to run a Mega CD game due to missing bios. Maybe that’s the reason
maybe i deleted the bios? where does the bios go btw?

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well i putted the gba bios in the cores/system filder and gbsp now works and it runs full speed which is nice, shame it doesnt look as good as mgba but it was that issue thansk everyone, i which it said missing bios file instead of content failled to load...

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i putted the gba bios in the cores/system filder and gbsp now works and it runs full speed which is nice, shame it doesnt look as good as mgba but it was that issue thansk everyone, i which it said missing bios file instead of content failled to load...
Well mGBA is trying to strive for accuracy

wanderindirk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
If you want to enhance the graphics maybe try applying a filter? A lot of games still run well on gpsp with video filter, though there’s the risk of screen tearing.

bob1212

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not mgba

Reactions: fmkid

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why not mgba
it runs the game around 55 to 60 fps even on new 3ds and i dont want choppy gameplay...

Anyway like people said i tweaked afew settings on video and such and now gpsp now looks even better than mgba looked and still maintains 60 fps at all times.

gpsp default settings look horrible, why are they even default?im guessing for o3ds or something.

Btw the game i was running all this time was tron 2.0 killer app, its a preety unique game full of 3d secctions even on the gba, preety nice imo, sure it doesnt compare to the xbox/pc original but i like it alot, also all custscenes(well slide show) have voice acting which is also amazing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: