Hacking How do I remove ready update files from unmodded Switch?

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have 4 Switch consoles - 2 consoles are currently modded to use SXOS where the sysNAND never even goes online and 2 consoles have never touched mods. My typical update pattern has been the following:

1.) Update a sysNAND for an online Switch officially.
2.) Use "match version with local users" to update the sysNAND first WITHOUT taking the offline Switches online. I am aware that this burns the fuses which is why I do the sysNAND first.
3.) Use "match version with local users" to update the emuNAND of SXOS. (I don't like messing with updates through mods since I have to trust the download source.)

This approach has the added benefit of allowing us to get official game updates and pass them onto the offline Switches. We don't even need to take the carts out of storage. As long as a physical cart has been inserted into a given Switch it's icon will be available to get updates for.

Now then, the two offline Switches are on 10.0.1 for both the sysNAND and SXOS. One of the online Switches is also on 10.0.1. The other online one was updated to 11.0.0 by someone in the house accidentally. We don't NEED to take the online Switches online any time soon. More important to us is the ability to play in LAN mode as a family, which requires that all Switches be on the same version. The problem is that both online Switches have connected with Nintendo servers and so would have downloaded update data and are ready to install 11.0.1. My concern is that if I try to match local users I'll get that version instead.

So, the question is, how to I clear the data on these two Switches so that I can try to update without accidentally getting onto 11.0.1? Again, this is for Switche conesoles that have NEVER touched mods and WILL have their fuses burned so Hekate is NOT a viable option here!

To simplify the question, does this video guide still work as of 11.0.0? On a Switch that's never been modded? To both prevent updates from being downloaded (via DNS settings) and to clear the update files that are ready to install? If the DNS trick described here works I could actually block Nintendo firmware updates while I wait to get a new router that I can block Nintendo update servers on. If either doesn't work I need to know what I can do.

Here's the contents of the video spelled out. I just want to make sure this is STILL true as things can change:

DNS: 104.236.106.125
Secondary DNS: 62.210.147.20

1. Then press the power button and hold for about 5 seconds
2. Choose power off
3. Hold down VOL+ and VOL- and pres simultaneously the power button
4. No need to press update. Just shut down the console and restart normally​

Also: One of my Game Carts, "Immortals Fenyx Rising" APPEARS to require 11.0.0 since it will not read in my 10.0.1 consoles, but will read in my 11.0.0 model. However, I can't be sure if it is 11.0.0 or somewhere between the two. Can anyone confirm that this game requires 11.0.0 and has the update on the cart? The reason I ask is because sometimes "Match Local Users" doesn't work when skipping multiple versions like I am now, but updates on cart do work. If it's what I need then as long as I have airplane mode on and then clear the update I should be able to use the cart to easily get all the games onto 11.0.0 and as long as the DNS settings work I can get all the consoles to stay on that version without risking someone updating again.

______

P.S. Please don't flame me by telling me to just switch to Atmosphere. That's not practical for my use case. We also bought an extra two SX Pro Dongles a few years ago for the two online Switches to become offline Switches whenever a Switch Pro comes out, if it ever does so. Although it would be very ironic if Team Xecutor DOES disappear immediately before a Switch DS comes out, if it ever does so, as that might actually allow porting over all my Gateway 3DS games to the Switch since they would be capable of implementing .3DS loading.

Last edited by Elliander,

Elliander

OP
Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
Was there any need to respond to a thread specifically to go off topic?

Yes, I had a question that was not related to the other question. Of course I will open separate threads. And no, I don't think this is a noobs quetion. This is more or less asking if a specific process still works or if it's been changed with recent updates. I'm not a noob here. Far from it.

Not that a troll who thinks all unrelated questions by a single person should be in mega threads would understand.

Last edited by Elliander,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, I had a question that was not related to the other question. Of course I will open separate threads. And no, I don't think this is a noobs quetion. This is more or less asking if a specific process still works or if it's been changed with recent updates. I'm not a noob here. Far from it.

Not that a troll who thinks all unrelated questions by a single person should be in mega threads would understand.
You can get and use this program on pc to determine, for sure, what the required firmware version is for any NSP, XCI. - https://gbatemp.net/threads/nxfileviewer-v2-0-0-released.581772/
But for Immortals base is 10, update v1.0.1 is 10.2, newest update v1.1 is 11.0.1

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Threads should not meant to be for specific questions however because if that is the case, then everyone else does it and the people who actually need help will end up getting their thread buried. Was there a need for me to respond? No, of course not. I responded for your sake because if I never responded, then no one would ever respond to your thread and it would be buried with the rest of them. In fact, you should be thanking me because if I never responded, then BigOnYa or somebody else wouldn't have responded. But if you prefer your thread to go unnoticed, then next time I will simply ignore your thread and let it gather dust.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, from the shows website?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: who is lizzo?