Tutorial  Updated

How I uninstalled unlaunch.

Surely there have been many people who have wondered how to uninstall unlaunch, I followed this guide: https://dsiguide.me/downgrading_(TempNand) using the downgrade to uninstall unlaunch.
At the beginning I wanted to downgrade but uninstalling unlaunch was always in my plans and then after I downgraded, unlaunch is gone.
I thank LukeHasAWii for the guide.
I DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR BRICKS because then the guide is not mine either.
Tip: I recommend using ugopwn in the zip file for non-US consoles.
Tip 2: If the page of the site has been deleted or the site has been closed I suggest using the Html file in the zip file (ZIP:/Site(only if the site does not work)/Downgrading (ugopwn) - DSi Guide.html
Tip 3: If you have unlaunch with firmware 1.4 I recommend upgrading to 1.4.5 (Never tried because I do not have a DSi to brick) and then follow the guide.

Attachments

• downgrade_ugopwn_tempnand.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 659
Last edited by DSUPERY92,

Beng

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Surely there have been many people who have wondered how to uninstall unlaunch, I followed this guide: using the downgrade to uninstall unlaunch.
At the beginning I wanted to downgrade but uninstalling unlaunch was always in my plans and then after I downgraded, unlaunch is gone.
I DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR BRICKS because then the guide is not mine either.
Tip 2: If the page of the site has been deleted or the site has been closed I suggest using the Html file in the zip file (ZIP:/Site(only if the site does not work)/Downgrading (ugopwn) - DSi Guide.html
Tip 3: If you have unlaunch with firmware 1.4 I recommend upgrading to 1.4.5 (Never tried because I do not have a DSi to brick) and then follow the guide.

I followed the guide but was stuck at the No$GBA verification step. Got Invalid Firmware when trying to run the MMC using the emulator, and couldn't get it work even after retrying a few times.

I'm running Unlaunch 0.8 on 1.4.5.

Any ideas how I can make it work?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@DSUPERY92

Thank you so much for this guide! I successfully removed Unlaunch, got my home menu sound back, AND MY DSiWare GAMES WERE UNTOUCHED. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Did the verification step with No$GBA work for you?

Beng

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Certainly. I didn’t proceed after not figuring out what I had done wrong.

That uninstaller sounds promising. Looking forward to use it. It baffles me why an Unlaunch uninstaller wasn’t included in the first place.

Crash2460

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surely there have been many people who have wondered how to uninstall unlaunch, I followed this guide: using the downgrade to uninstall unlaunch.

I did something really stupid which led me to install unlaunch. Now Im freaked out trying to uninstall it and I need your help. How do I uninstall unlaunch from my dsi xl?

Last edited by Crash2460,

Beng

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
How did you install Unlaunch in the first place? Did you use the guide at dsi.cfw.guide?

Put Unlaunch 1.8 on your SD card and follow the instructions to get to hbmenu again. Then Install 1.8. Then Uninstall it.

Worked for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4