Hacking How is the EZ Flash 3-1 Rom compatability?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Compatibility should be 100% because nothing is being emulated.
You're running the game from a cart the same was you run a NDS game, but there's little to no AntiPiracy.

Saving is a different matter, IIRC slot2 devices are fine with the most common save types but there are a few games that need special features (like Real Time Clock or a different save type) that must be patched.

owlman

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
Compatibility should be 100% because nothing is being emulated.
You're running the game from a cart the same was you run a NDS game, but there's little to no AntiPiracy.

Saving is a different matter, IIRC slot2 devices are fine with the most common save types but there are a few games that need special features (like Real Time Clock or a different save type) that must be patched.
which are....?

does the metroid series save?

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
There is no patch for Emerald to get clock based events (Real Time Clock). Things like berries blooming won't happen. I have not found any sort of list of all events that are RTC based. I believe there are patches for other Pokemon games that let them do RTC events. IIRC, it has something to do with the cartridge's physical components that is missing in the 3in1, specifically a "clock" chip.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Masked Ranger said:
There is no patch for Emerald to get clock based events (Real Time Clock). Things like berries blooming won't happen. I have not found any sort of list of all events that are RTC based. I believe there are patches for other Pokemon games that let them do RTC events. IIRC, it has something to do with the cartridge's physical components that is missing in the 3in1, specifically a "clock" chip.

It is just that. The GBA used cart based clock features where as the DS uses the internal clock = no need for battery consuming clock features on carts. Luckily my old Emerald cart works (yay!) and I'm able to use the features and the migrate to the DS carts. The first gen GBA pokemon games had a patch to help with the RTC problem: you could manually change the game time in certain places (was it the Pokecenters, I can't remember). I can't remember which Slot-2 featured GBA cart had a RTC implemented, but it isn't in production anymore IIRC.

-Qtis

owlman

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah those aren't really an issue, in fact the ruby and sapphire i own actually do say that. So anything with time base events wont save properly, what about the metroid games those are fine?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe if you use AKAIO as the GBA loader, it does automatic patching. If you ever come to a stage where a game won't save while using AKAIO (ie Pokemon Emerald) download the Official firmware, copy the ak2_sd.dldi from its __ak2 folder to your __aio folder on your MicroSD. Then download & run GBAExploader and load the game.

Some have said that Emerald works fine on AKAIO without patches but I know that it doesn't work for me, personally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right... +1