Tutorial How to Change vWii System settings in WiiMode (via SettingsEditorGUI v1.6)

What setting change(s) worked for you?

• Burnin Reduction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Setting Sound to "Surround" and Pro Logic II Not working still (not working response)

• Setting Sound to "mono"

• Total voters

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New Settings Editor GUI Channel Forwarder for vWii !
Works with the following paths:
SD :\apps\settingseditorgui\boot.dolSD :\apps\SettingsEditorGui\boot.dolSD :\apps\SettingsEditorGUI\boot.dolSD :\apps\Settings Editor GUI\boot.dolUSB :\apps\settingseditorgui\boot.dolUSB :\apps\SettingsEditorGui\boot.dolUSB :\apps\SettingsEditorGUI\boot.dolUSB :\apps\Settings Editor GUI\boot.dol
Please test, if it works I will add it to the Channel Forwarders thread !
asper, the forwarder is working and returns with settings saved. The problem is it seems to be using the same memory location as that latest GenPlus-gx forwarder you did, meaning you can't have both installed at the same time. One will overwrite the other every time. Otherwise working great, if you could fix this that would awesome.
Edit: Though through MMM it will still have both forwarders installed, and allow to uninstall both but only one will display on the menu. In order to get whichever the first of the two you installed to show back up you have to uninstall both first, close MMM, then re-install the wad you want.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asper, the forwarder is working and returns with settings saved. The problem is it seems to be using the same memory location as that latest GenPlus-gx forwarder you did, meaning you can't have both installed at the same time. One will overwrite the other every time. Otherwise working great, if you could fix this that would awesome.
Edit: Though through MMM it will still have both forwarders installed, and allow to uninstall both but only one will display on the menu. In order to get whichever the first of the two you installed to show back up you have to uninstall both first, close MMM, then re-install the wad you want.

Solved the problem rebuilding the sega genesis forwarder; now it should be fine (delete both and try to reinstall them); test and tell me if it's ok now (you have to re-downlaod the genesis forwarder only).

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I linked to FIX94's NAND loader, so it's fine.

You are right :P
I tryed to make a full Channel with 1.8 version basing it on IOS236 but the homebrew reboot the vWii; any idea on how to solve that ? I think that a full Channel will be good for that kind of application.

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Solved the problem rebuilding the sega genesis forwarder; now it should be fine (delete both and try to reinstall them); test and tell me if it's ok now (you have to re-downlaod the genesis forwarder only).

That did the job. Great work, much appreciated :)

Reactions: asper

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
You are right :P
I tryed to make a full Channel with 1.8 version basing it on IOS236 but the homebrew reboot the vWii; any idea on how to solve that ? I think that a full Channel will be good for that kind of application.
Wait till I release v1.9 later today before trying anything else.
Why did Nintendo lock the settings in the first place??
So settings wouldn't be managed in two different places.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait till I release v1.9 later today before trying anything else.

So settings wouldn't be managed in two different places.

Oh, and here I was thinking it was them being lazy. Emulators look worse on the vWii mode versus a real Wii. I'll take pictures if I have to but whatever. Nevertheless, I'm glad there are people out there (like you) who give people the option to change it.B-)

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I updated to 1.9 working great launching and saving from HBC. However if I launch via the forwarder it loads correctly but hangs on a black screen after selecting save and exit or exit without saving. Not sure if this is a forwarder issue or the app, the previous release worked fine with the forwarder.

Edit: I tried removing the ploader folder from my SD (I wasn't using it before) still hanging upon exit.

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I build a full channel with v1.9 and now it correctly loads but same issue when exiting; you should try to send a "reset" or "go back to system menu" command on exit instead of a "go back to loader" (I think this is the problem but I can be wrong).

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm investigating the issue. Until then, you can try messing with this:
I build a full channel with v1.9 and now it correctly loads but same issue when exiting; you should try to send a "reset" o "go back to system menu" command on exit instead of a "go back to loader" (I think this is the problem but I can be wrong).
I built one that accepts a "reset" argument, along with a forwarder dol for it. I haven't tested it at all though. Would you like to mess around with it? I'll send it in a PM if you do.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm investigating the issue. Until then, you can try messing with this:

I built one that accepts a "reset" argument, along with a forwarder dol for it. I haven't tested it at all though. Would you like to mess around with it? I'll send it in a PM if you do.

Of course, I will test. With "accepts a reset argument" you mean that on exit you can choose the way to exit ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else he caught one of those Florida STD's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis difficulty meter is Stds like how south park made it race color
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah it's skin color for difficulty in south park

is it, by that logic, blackface to play on the hardest difficulty if you're white?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Psi, you ever been on a date and ran into another past date? And how did you handle it? Just curious.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?