Hacking How To Hack Wii Console For Dummies /Easy Installer

holidayidol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LeWench said:
This is a great tutorial. I read a bit last night, and had many questions, but after reading your tut I basically have everything figured out. I was wondering if you or anyone can send me a link to Version3? Also a place where I can keep up with new updates to programs etc. I am currently using Wii Brew, its a great source. Thanks again for the tutorial.

My sentiments exactly. Of all the dozens of Wii sites and hundreds of tutorials out there, I'd have to say this is the best all-in-one for sure.
So many thanks to Big Moe and all others who have contributed to this knowledge base and resource.

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holidayidol said:
LeWench said:
This is a great tutorial. I read a bit last night, and had many questions, but after reading your tut I basically have everything figured out. I was wondering if you or anyone can send me a link to Version3? Also a place where I can keep up with new updates to programs etc. I am currently using Wii Brew, its a great source. Thanks again for the tutorial.

My sentiments exactly. Of all the dozens of Wii sites and hundreds of tutorials out there, I'd have to say this is the best all-in-one for sure.
So many thanks to Big Moe and all others who have contributed to this knowledge base and resource.
Look how happy you and your team have made us Big Moe!
smiley-bounce014.gif

SSSMOKN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE, First off you're a savior!!!! Thank you so much. All the troubles that I was having using other step by step installer instructions, all went away. I installed pretty much everything with your installer, downgraded too. The one problem that I am having though is with Starfall. When I try to install and have to push the button combinations, for some reason they don't seem to work. Do I push B + 1 (3 buttons), or is it B and 1 (2 buttons). I tried several combinations and held them down for a period of time and nothing seemed to work.

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSSMOKN said:
BIG MOE, First off you're a savior!!!! Thank you so much. All the troubles that I was having using other step by step installer instructions, all went away. I installed pretty much everything with your installer, downgraded too. The one problem that I am having though is with Starfall. When I try to install and have to push the button combinations, for some reason they don't seem to work. Do I push B + 1 (3 buttons), or is it B and 1 (2 buttons). I tried several combinations and held them down for a period of time and nothing seemed to work.
I've had this issue too. Just keep pushing B+1 and B+2 back and forth, over and over and eventually it will take
smile.gif

Rather than holding them down I've had better luck just being aggressive (out of frustration lol) with the combinations.

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
MamaTJ said:
I like to see the whole world smiling it just looks better and makes our trip much more pleasant
smile.gif

Well Lord Big Moe
wink.gif
you do a mighty fine job of doing that!!
I think I'm going to call it a night on here. If you remember what else it was you told me about the loader let me know.
Have a wonderful evening
cool.gif
oh ok , sure
wink.gif
be sure there is a game before the start of the Gamma Channel (green and black one ) and after pressing B and rebooting to the dashboard where you were able to reorganize the dashboard ,if you click on the regular Wii Disc Channel you will see the game there and you can start it from there like an original game
wink.gif
try it , and tell me about the results and have good and healthy night my dear
smile.gif
I played with this a little today. It works with your new loader as well and I love the fact that while there I can pop out 1 backup game and load a different one and it sees it so I don't have to go through the loader each time! Nice job
biggrin.gif

dannyboy_676

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think this doesnt work for me! Could it be that the tutorial isn't step by step?

I cant get past these 2 steps:

4- load Zelda and load the save file ( if you have 3.4 you have to load the game fast after
copying the save file to Wii cause system menu will delete it and you will have to copy it
again) then walk to the man to talk to him , Wii will crash data will load TPH is installed.

5- after the system reboot run the game one more time and load the save file again then talk
to the old man , now system will crash again and another data will load and guess what???
HBC is now installed , good job so far

Both times I run the game and start the twilight hack, which is the only saved file by now in my Wii, I get the WAD Manager v1.3
with a couple of options on the tele. I cant see anywhere that HBC is installed! (?)

What do I do wrong? Normally Im not that kind of a noob. Have flashed a friends Lite-on xbox360, so this shouldnt be a real problem.
I think something is missing in the tutorial. Sorry to say that Big Moe
biggrin.gif

Let's assume Im doing this for the very first time. Is the tutorial complete for a so called noob??
I have done it before with the files from another site and a different tutorial. That went ok.

But now I wanted to do BM's files and tutorial. Basically, like mentioned before, I would like to install Backup Launcher only.

Regards,
DC

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
dannyboy_676 said:
I think this doesnt work for me! Could it be that the tutorial isn't step by step?

Let's assume Im doing this for the very first time. Is the tutorial complete for a so called noob??
I have done it before with the files from another site and a different tutorial. That went ok.

But now I wanted to do BM's files and tutorial. Basically, like mentioned before, I would like to install Backup Launcher only.

Regards,
DC

So you don't even need the HBC. There is another tutorial here, can't remember the exact name, but it's something like "3 in 1 TUTORIAL FOR NOOBS".

Anyway, you have a known issue. Just download the latest HBC boot.dol file and place it on the root of your sd card. Then you follow those 2 steps. When it is installed, put the old boot.dol file back on your sd card.

damj

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just a post to say :
bow.gif
Thank You Big Moe !!!
bow.gif

This installer was perfect for me.
The hard part was to buy the Zelda game, as i couldn't find one in the shops around, there's no more !
I wonder why
unsure.gif

You know what ? I'm happy !

drock360

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I tried to do this and I did everything right. But it just won't work.

It loads the Twilight Save File and there are two. Twilight 00 and Twilight 02.

When I choose Twilight 00, and talk to the man, the code starts to run and it stops with the following error message.

Failed to read boot.elf (-1)!
No code found to load, hanging.

When I choose Twilight 02, my wii just freezes whenever I talk to the man, no code runs at all.

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
drock360 said:
Hey guys. I tried to do this and I did everything right. But it just won't work.

When I choose Twilight 00, and talk to the man, the code starts to run and it stops with the following error message.

When I choose Twilight 02, my wii just freezes whenever I talk to the man, no code runs at all.

You should use twilight 00.
Make sure there is a boot.elf/boot.dol file on the root of your sd card.

mackloon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting kcicked out on 6-IOS51 Installer step...I never get to select yes yes no...as the guide recommends...any word on what is up...?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
dannyboy_676 said:

I cant get past these 2 steps:

4- load Zelda and load the save file ( if you have 3.4 you have to load the game fast after
copying the save file to Wii cause system menu will delete it and you will have to copy it
again) then walk to the man to talk to him , Wii will crash data will load TPH is installed.

5- after the system reboot run the game one more time and load the save file again then talk
to the old man , now system will crash again and another data will load and guess what???
HBC is now installed , good job so far

Both times I run the game and start the twilight hack, which is the only saved file by now in my Wii, I get the WAD Manager v1.3
with a couple of options on the tele. I cant see anywhere that HBC is installed! (?)

What do I do wrong? Normally Im not that kind of a noob. Have flashed a friends Lite-on xbox360, so this shouldnt be a real problem.
I think something is missing in the tutorial. Sorry to say that Big Moe
biggrin.gif

Regards,
DC

ok in your case , remove (boot.dol & boot.elf) from the root of your SD Card and put (boot.dol) for LBC from this link http://rapidshare.com/files/170002327/boot.dol in the root of SD Card and run the TPH again to install the HBC once finished all installation switch back the boot.dol files so you can have WadManager1.3 boot.dol in the root for recovery
wink.gif
enjoy
PS: my first grade 6years old daughter hacked her friends Wii by her self cause she wanted to , and she did it following my tutorial , and So you call your self NOOB if you can read right !!! this was made for DUMMIES meaning it's advanced level for So Called NOOBS

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
drock360 said:

more info please , what system menu are you running ?? what game disc region do you have ?? if you are at 3.4 did rename TWILIGHT3.4.BIN into DATA.BIN matching your game disc ?? did you run the game fast after copying the save data to Wii ?? please when asking for help lets give as much info to analyze the issue faster . thanks
smile.gif

SSSMOKN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MamaTJ said:
SSSMOKN said:
I've had this issue too. Just keep pushing B+1 and B+2 back and forth, over and over and eventually it will take
smile.gif

Rather than holding them down I've had better luck just being aggressive (out of frustration lol) with the combinations.

Ok. I did the button mashing technique (lol) and it seems to have installed. Unfortunately it didn't give me the screen to choose what I want to install. It just did it, really quick too. Now, my question is, what did it actually install. Did I get everything that I need? My tv is an old piece of crap (soon to be replaced) and I could not read the bottom line that was on there after it installed. It read removing old hacks, removing hacks, installing new hacks (I think), and finished installing( or something like that). There was another line below that, that I could not read. Am I ok, or should I try to reinstall.

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SSSMOKN said:
MamaTJ said:
SSSMOKN said:
smile.gif

Ok. I did the button mashing technique (lol) and it seems to have installed. Unfortunately it didn't give me the screen to choose what I want to install. It just did it, really quick too. Now, my question is, what did it actually install. Did I get everything that I need? My tv is an old piece of crap (soon to be replaced) and I could not read the bottom line that was on there after it installed. It read removing old hacks, removing hacks, installing new hacks (I think), and finished installing( or something like that). There was another line below that, that I could not read. Am I ok, or should I try to reinstall.

On your button mashing you must have automatically proceeded on the next step.
Do Starfall installation one more time, when you get to the screen to choose, it will show what is already enabled (if there is anything).
Also, read the precautions on it before proceeding, they can help you with the B+X issue =P

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSSMOKN said:
MamaTJ said:
SSSMOKN said:
smile.gif

LOL Glad it worked! My TV is only about 5 years old and I couldn't read the last line either. Just to be safe use my special technique
wink.gif
one more time, you should have had a black screen load with several options (on the left of the screen) and Uninstall or Install across from each one. I'm sorry and don't remember for sure but I think the default is NOT to install them. I did the exact same thing you did the first time so I ran it again and saw that I needed to change those. This is what it installs:
* Replace healthwarning with backmenu
* Skip disc update check
* Region free GC games with video mode patch
* Region free Wii games
* Region free channels
* No mainmenu BGM
* Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller
* Remove rescue-menu diagnostic disc check
now with this one you are protected from banner brick and semi-brick with many other
excitments .
When you're done check to make sure that annoying health warning is gone (THANK YOU Big Moe!) and you should be good to go!!
Good luck
biggrin.gif

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sheeeesh Sorry Jytach!! I started that answer then got called away for a few minutes so I didn't see that you had answered. I'll go back to my corner and be quiet again now
shy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and since the default emulator is below average i downloaded some "replacements" like snes9x for snes games for example
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I also have my ps3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea ps3 is a beast still to today compared to most "sticks"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you just want pi for emulation no point when Anbernic releases new shit every two seconds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's really cool about Pi's tho is you can have multiple SD cards with different OS on each SD card and change from say a gaming machine to a full fledged pc if wanted
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus all bios are set up and usually includes at least 128gbs or 64
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but if your main goal is just to play n64 and GameCube you can save about $50 and have the portability option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but on 2 monitors at 4k. Its just want you want really, to each they own.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For a kids aspect Anbernic would be the better option they'd probably melt over the price on a good 4k display
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For that texasroo guy, I'd recommend the Spell and speak as his first system.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So they buy a pi5 kit for about $150 and say a 28" 4k display probably looking around $400 total
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll be getting in the territory of portable Pcs anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Again you get what you pay for, its like buying a S series for $300 but its only 1440p native, if you want true 4k, gotta get the X model for $500. But yea you right, when moms buying it anyways, you gotta stay cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They could use HD out on their TV no real need for a monitor these days tbh the purists will disagree
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm kind of phasing out on the need for wanting all these consoles cool to have but they just become dust build ups
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I here ya there, I have too many myself, and have hard time letting them go, since most of mine I've modded at some point. Anymore I just play Switch on the go, seriesx at home.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ack my throat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I need to invest in some storage totes tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tots?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tootles? Wtf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh totes , lol, like Tupperware storage, I gotcha
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm designing my own entertainment cabinet for my man cave, to store all my systems, then I'm also designing a power supply/HDMI switcher so I can switch to whichever system I want, and power it also. Already picked up the cabinet board, but tinkering with my drawings before start
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea, I have frogger arcade cabinet that I gutted and put a Pi4 then Pi5 into, but it never gets played much anymore, should sell it. Even when the kids come over, they don't want to play on it, just the xbox.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But yea, I have frogger arcade cabinet that I gutted and put a Pi4 then Pi5 into, but it never...