Votes: 292 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so i've been changing the Mac addresses in the command prompt using Macshift, but was receiving no Street Passes.

I couldn't figure out why until I connected to the network with my mobile and it states I was having Limited Connectivity.

After several attempts at random things connectivity was restored to full. For a little while and Street Pass started again. But now i'm having no luck. The minute I don't receive one I know the network has gone to Limited Connectivity.

Does anyone have a solution for this??

(Or is there away to manually enter the IP address for the network.

E.g.: Set the network address to 192.168.XXX.XXX and do the same with the 3DS?

If so what should the DNS servers be set as, as the virtual port for Windows 8.1 seems to have no option for setting up static IP information at all)

Currently using Windows 8.1 with the Command Prompt and Macshift to change the address.

(Not using Virtual Router as it just does not work at all, setting up the network via command prompt)

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
During my weekend, I used my phone and the application InSSIDer to "spy" on wireless network that are true Nintendo Zones in the province of Quebec. I tried all of them on site myself and got from 3 to 6 StreetPasses each, twice during the weekend, so they are definitely working.

SSID : Futurshop
MAC : E8:40:40:72:4D:80

SSID : BELLWIFI@MCDONALDS
MAC : 00:23:48:8C:EC:50

MAC : 00:23:68:8C:FC:10

MAC : 00:23:48:8F:24:20

I don't know if I did that for nothing or not. If not, will add more during the week.

Pip'

Reactions: kactusss

Agent5657

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok in order to have the right mac address you have to capture the attwifi mac not the free wifi ssid at your location. Here is the mac from one of my local Starbucks and a local Mcdonalds I captured and the streetpass works fine. Make sure the ssid is attwifi and use the macs. Cool thing is this works. I couldn't believe I got streetpasses at home from people who had been in these locations. Steetpass and Nintendo Zone ONLY have an ssid of attwifi at least in the US. So even though you cant get on the internet connecting to the attwifi its the one you have to capture the mac id from in order to get streetpasses form other people using the normal method vs the home method. I had a friend go to this location and street pass and while I was at home I used the mac address and got his streetpass from home. I will try to post more locations soon.

Mac: 00:19:e8:d8:54:e2

Mac: 00:21:d8:35:e6:e0

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone have a solution to stop the Windows 8 created hotspot from saying Limited Connectivity on other devices at all then?

As I have found this is the reason I am no longer receiving street passes.

das claw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made an account to say thanks for this. I've had a 3DS for about 18 months and rarely use it, once I found this and found it to be fun, I've been having a blast. I've started collecting MAC addresses as I travel a bit for work, so if it is helpful I will post them here. All of these are attwifi named and are McDonald's Restaurants:

McD in North Kansas City, MO 00 21 55 b4 b7 c2
McD in Johnson County Kansas 00 0d 67 12 69 a0
McD at 103 and State Line (right on border of KS and MO) 0d 0d 67 12 69 a0
McD on North Oak Trafficway in Kansas City MO (there are actually 4 of them in a row, so I'll just list them -- yes, there are 4 McDonalds in like a 3 mile strip on this road, it's crazy):
00 21 d8 e0 c8 32
00 19 e8 d8 58 82
00 0d 67 25 cf f7
00 0d 67 26 2f fd

I know it's not much, but hopefully it helps. They are not particularly populated, but may be able to help if you need a MO or KS hit.

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did everything in the Windows 7 tutorial, but my 3DS doesn't recognize the attwifi. It shows up in the system setting wifi. But on my 3DS it doesn't show as nintendo zone.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I did everything in the Windows 7 tutorial, but my 3DS doesn't recognize the attwifi. It shows up in the system setting wifi. But on my 3DS it doesn't show as nintendo zone.

Check if you have other wifis on. Your 3DS prefers them over NZone.

Reactions: Xexyz

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check if you have other wifis on. Your 3DS prefers them over NZone.
This is normally the issue. I tend to go into my 3ds' network settings and add an extra letter to my normal wifi's SSID. When I'm done doing the homepassing I just change it back to normal.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
This is normally the issue. I tend to go into my 3ds' network settings and add an extra letter to my normal wifi's SSID. When I'm done doing the homepassing I just change it back to normal.

I just turn off my router's wifi :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw