binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was installing my HWFLY Lite cables and being extra meticulous. In the process of tinning everything perfectly, one pad didn’t seem to be sticking. Turns out it was the backside of the tiny circuit board for the mosfets on the SP 1/2 board.

Of course I was shaking a bit and promptly slid all the mosfets and resistors off in a big ball of solder!!!

I already ordered a backup cable. It’s only $10.00 from Ali, but 3-4 weeks out, so in the mean time I would like to try and repair my mistake. A schematic would be wonderful but my expectations are realistic that these don’t exist.

On the bright site I guess I can tone out my (now) bare cable and create that simple schematic now, eh? LOL

Bottom Line: Does anyone have a detailed picture of the back side of the HWFLY Lite SP 1/2 cable?
Post automatically merged:

I found this…

1676818689087.jpeg

from this thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sx-core-pcb-leaked.591580/

If I tone it out and it matches, Imma go for it.

e: so I got all the pieces I could find. Got the solder off of them but haven’t decided if they are even worth cleaning all the flux off. :-(

image.jpg

Cable at the top left is the unused V1 cable from the HWFLY core kit.
Cable at the bottom left is the Lite cable I “solder-wiped” clean of all components.
Two “big“ components I assume are both going to be mosfets? That weird pad layout is confusing. Gonna have to read more.
The little guy I initially though was a resistor, might be a capacitor?
The two used pieces of wick are the solder I sifted through like a pig in shit looking for corn.

Based on the cable pads I’d say I lost two radially aligned components. le sigh.
I’m left wondering what they could be and why does this cable look so different from the V1?
Tempted to take apart my V2 to look at its cable but afraid I’ll do it and learn nothing more.

I think it might be better to just wait until the replacement cable comes in.
I just hope I can leave well enough alone and not break something until then.

e2: I already answered my own question elsewhere about the mosfets. They are supposed to look like that!

Now if I just knew something about the other missing components…

1676859286419.png

Just found this thread:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-model-of-mosfets-on-ribbon-cable.624042/post-10038071

@eseldiem posted the mosfet data sheet…

…and more importantly the resistor values!

On the chipnx (hwfly v4) flex cables it’s NP2016.

https://datasheet.lcsc.com/lcsc/2208231101_NATLINEAR-NP2016DR-N-G_C2991144.pdf

Edited: oh, and, the gate-to-ground resistors are 500 ohm (and zero ohm resistor between the gates).

Time to over pay for some electronic components on Amazon and have them overnighted so I can break some shit tomorrow!

e3: emmergrd.

Schematics! https://gbatemp.net/threads/sx-core-pcb-leaked.591580/

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j8g6v0z2fowyj1o/SXCORE.7z/file

( know they are for core and v2 but I just needed a little hint (or two.)

ordering parts…

Attachments

• schematics.7z
    8.1 MB · Views: 104
Last edited by binkinator,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s not perfectly aligned everywhere but it buzzes out and I’ll take what I can get!

(1206 for scale)

image.jpg

Going to throw this in my Cocaine White “Rehab“ Switch next…

Reactions: slaphappygamer

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got this! Make that lite your bitch!
Switch Lite…I demand that you BE MY BITCH!

OMG guys…that worked!!!

image.jpg

My replacement cable just landed at my local post office and it made me realize how much time I wasted so I cranked it out last night. Initially it was glitching properly and flashing green but not booting anything. I got the original SX firmware from the Seller. I’m sure he was thinking I was trying to get a refund. At any rate, that got me to the “boot.dat?” screen at which point I was able to download SX-Gear from archive.org and the rest is history folks!

Bottom Line: I rebuilt a HWFLY Lite cable from scratch using mosfets captured in a ball of solder and some new resistors!

Thanks to @TheSynthax for measuring the resistors on her Switch!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pikofly-a-probably-fake-hwfly-modchips-or-not.622701/post-10081920

They are in fact
(r1) 2.2k
(r2) 0k
(r3) 2.2k

…just like the pics I posted above!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/hwfly-lite-cable-components.626438/post-10080724

I really appreciate the support in this thread! You guys are awesome!

Free Internet points for everyone!

TheSynthax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch Lite…I demand that you BE MY BITCH!

OMG guys…that worked!!!

View attachment 357009

My replacement cable just landed at my local post office and it made me realize how much time I wasted so I cranked it out last night. Initially it was glitching properly and flashing green but not booting anything. I got the original SX firmware from the Seller. I’m sure he was thinking I was trying to get a refund. At any rate, that got me to the “boot.dat?” screen at which point I was able to download SX-Gear from archive.org and the rest is history folks!

Bottom Line: I rebuilt a HWFLY Lite cable from scratch using mosfets captured in a ball of solder and some new resistors!

Thanks to @TheSynthax for measuring the resistors on her Switch!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pikofly-a-probably-fake-hwfly-modchips-or-not.622701/post-10081920

They are in fact
(r1) 2.2k
(r2) 0k
(r3) 2.2k

…just like the pics I posted above!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/hwfly-lite-cable-components.626438/post-10080724

I really appreciate the support in this thread! You guys are awesome!

Free Internet points for everyone!
Glad you got your flex fixed! Oh and for future reference, this bit here is just a flex stiffener, not for soldering to the EMI shield :)

Attachments

• 1677946136681.png
    1677946136681.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad you got your flex fixed! Oh and for future reference, this bit here is just a flex stiffener, not for soldering to the EMI shield :)

LOL! Thanks for the pic!

I couldn’t understand why it was so solder-phobic!

I cranked my iron up to 400 degrees and held it there for a good 30 seconds while I piled on flux and solder.

Nothing would stick! smdh!

Lesson learned!

Thank you again!

Reactions: TheSynthax

dygeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
LOL! Thanks for the pic!

I couldn’t understand why it was so solder-phobic!

I cranked my iron up to 400 degrees and held it there for a good 30 seconds while I piled on flux and solder.

Nothing would stick! smdh!

Lesson learned!

Thank you again!
you solder it ^^? here

I understand better now why you damaged the end of the cable 🤭

if you have the stock firmware sx of the hwfly lite chip from the seller you can upload it here i look at the coding lines please

Last edited by dygeo,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you solder it ^^? here
I understand better now why you damaged the end of the cable 🤭
Yes! I was going to tin that little SOB whether it wanted to be tinned or not!
if you have the stock firmware sx of the hwfly lite chip from the seller you can upload it here i look at the coding lines please
I need to check and make sure these files are shareable on GBATemp.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t ever remember seeing SXOS linked from this site. Pretty sure it still has proprietary contents.
Yeah, that’s precisely my concern…
GBATemp Terms of Service AND Ninty Ninjas WCGW?

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn’t link, in fact, I’d suggest someone google sxos firmware. Who knows, maybe internet archive or way back machine might have it stored somewhere? The internet is full of files.

Then again, I’m not sure why anyone would want to use it. I had it and it was great….for the time. Maybe XCI loading? Or curiosity.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn’t link, in fact, I’d suggest someone google sxos firmware. Who knows, maybe internet archive or way back machine might have it stored somewhere? The internet is full of files.

Then again, I’m not sure why anyone would want to use it. I had it and it was great….for the time. Maybe XCI loading? Or curiosity.

Well, that’s the interesting part…

The links for the CFW that goes on the Switch are readily available on Wayback. Just pull up the original site and you can still find the last beta release. Job done.

I have the exact file name for the firmware that goes on the sxcore/lite modchip and I can’t find it anywhere.

Hmmmmm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c