Hacking I am (bad words here) tired of my wii bricking

gamerjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok this is like the 6th time my wii is bricking for absolutely no reason. the first few times i said w/e and just used a restore from the past. Last time this happend i virginized and reapplied everything. But that was like 3 weeks ago. IOS's have not been touched since then and long times before on the other bricks. For the brick all i can tell you is that i cant goto HBC or Wii Menu from the bootmii screen. Also when i goto info it says my space used for the NAND is like at 3.3%. Also a new thing to this brick my wiimotes wouldn't sync yesterday im not sure if thats related but im just saying what i know. So does anyone have a solution to this?

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
What have you installed??
What System Menu do you have??
What type of loading are you using (Usb,Disc)??
Do you Play any GH games from HDD with DLC???

Based on the information that you have given the only suggestion I could say that would work would be to just leave it alone and not play it...

gamerjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Umm standard IOS's for homebrew with the special IOS merge for Rockband/guitar hero
2. 4.2 (answered above
3. USB loading
4.and i do not play GH games (a rant about actvision stealing GH3 goes here) with DLC

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bootmii will not sync the remotes, only can use GC controller or face buttons, power reset and eject. What did you do to this to cause the problem? If you got bootmii you can fix this but 6th time bricked. Bootmii is great but you need to understand how to use it, and as well, learn how to use a Wii bro. I can't go any further with this, to facepalmish.

gamerjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean the day before my brother couldnt get them to sync... I am well informed of almost everything about wii homebrew and hacking i was there when twilight hack was released before HBC. I can restore but because of past events i already know it will happen again.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
Certainly possible. But being that someone can screw with their wii's system files and then just fix an issue with a nand restore it certainly does not point to hardware failure but user error.

If it was a hardware failure then it would not go away after doing a nand restore. The OP must be doing something each time that is causing an issue down the road.

Maybe a certain IOS is installed that is corrupt enough to let a game run but when it tries to execute other code in the IOS it glitches and possibly creates some more corrupt data. This would be feasible if a certain game specifically needed a certain IOS for the game to run off. But this is all also assuming that he is still using legal discs. If not, then who knows what the issue could be, but I would rule out hardware failure.

Running comex's nand formatter and then doing an official update would clear out everything and let the OP start out fresh.
this man has a point here.

gamerjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i run the NAND formatter is all i need to do is use NUS downloader to download 4.2 into a wad and put it into the wad folder?

wiihacker3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is ur wii memory full? it can be cased by that. if you use nand to go back and then create new save data for games and many of them could brick your wii if wii system memorie is full

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZVQF0yPnTc +1