OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
My parents are massive dickheads.
I was boing my homework until 2.30 AM last night and now today they made me come home from my friend's place at 9.30PM.
All because they think I'm too tired. And now I have to be in bed at 10. I mean WHAT THE HORSEFUCK!?
I'm goddamn 16!
Even a madman would know that those are not normal times, and they're trying to justify it all the time!
And now I'm fucking pissed, since they won't let me hang out with friends on weekdays, and now they're fucking up my weekends too!
Give me your opinion on this!

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well if they were my parents I would tell them to go screw, but that's just me. My parents aren't strict like that. Just tell them to f*ck off, but in a nicer way obviously.

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Parents will be parents, and teenagers will be teenagers. This means that whatever parents do, eventually their kid will complain about it. I went through much of the same crap when I was 16, so I guess you're gonna have to as well, but it's nothing new and will continue to happen until the sun fizzles out (at least).

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
I'm goddamn 16!

Exactly why they can tell you what to do
wink.gif
Seriously though, I'm sure they love you very much.

If it makes you feel any better, I go to bed at 10 pm too.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm also 16 and my parents are the same way. I have to approve everything I do with them and they won't let me stay at someone's house later than like 8-9PM. So annoying :

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
It's a small issue. Why you're getting up in arms about is beyond me. Going far enough to say you "fucking hate your parents" when they just want you to have a reasonable night's sleep is rather silly.
Yeah it's like saying "FML, I lost my save data!", when you're not in a country with famine, etc.

Calafas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The joys of having parents doing all over the place shiftwork, when I was younger they were rarely even in the house to tell me when to go to bed. But seriously, whilst 10pm might be a little early, if you go to sleep alot later, you'll just be making yourself tired - they're just looking out for you.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm i cant really give advice from the teenage perspective because by the time i was your age i was emancipated but as a parent i'm not very strict when it comes to my daughter going out with her friends or whatever as long as i know where she is but for your situation you should either tell them something about it or just deal with it for what like a couple more years til you're considered an adult.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Over exaggeration much? The latest I can stay at a friends house would be 8:00 anyway, and to say you hate them just for that. Seriously calm down.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
your lucky to even have parents in the first place, and at the same time they care for you

be grateful, sleeping early and not going out for a weekend isn't the end of the world. you'll soon grow up and learn to respect what they did. you will soon realize you owe them your life, one way or another. Heck maybe if you do as they say for 1 week or so they'll just let you loose again

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They do that because they care. And since you're 16, they want to make precautions, if you know what I mean. They don't want you to become one of those good for nothing pricks. Also, it maybe because you're growing up and they are being a little more sentimental. You'll miss them when they are gone, so make their life worth lasting.

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Heck maybe if you do as they say for 1 week or so they'll just let you loose again

Agreed, my parents were like this when I lived at home, all the way till I was in my early 20's. If you comply and retort with a valid and logical argument, they will usually give you some extra room. They want to know you are responsible, then they will trust you.

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
your lucky to even have parents in the first place, and at the same time they care for you

be grateful, sleeping early and not going out for a weekend isn't the end of the world. you'll soon grow up and learn to respect what they did. you will soon realize you owe them your life, one way or another. Heck maybe if you do as they say for 1 week or so they'll just let you loose again
^ This.

lol teens.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Trust me, you will thank them when you're older.

I'm glad my parents were there to give me rules and guidelines. It molded me into an organized and successful person. And now I have a son of my own, who I give the same rules and guidelines to, just like my parents did for me.

And besides, you're only 16. Unless you move out of the house, you follow their rules. They pay the mortgage and bills, food and clothing. They are there to take care of you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hell no
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks like a brown recluse
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Fun times lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Property management just be like stop being a little bitch and get bit
    Step one: Put it in the microwave. Step two: get it to bite you. Step three: gain spiderman powers!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Swing from the penis
    +1
  • light27 @ light27:
    what
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mike Jones
  • light27 @ light27:
    someone take away that spider
  • light27 @ light27:
    call sps
    Hey mine helps me in the shower lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We went to a place in a mall where they let you play with some consoles for like an hour
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I choose the nintendo switch and I played smash ultimate and Mario wonder
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    It was fun
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also i'm back at my house
    Smash bros sounds like gay incest lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And Mario Wonder sounds like a Mario with old timers disease walking the streets lost.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shove a gerbil through a tube
    +2
    Warp pipe Ken lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ring actually helped and I didn't have to cuss out the guy in arabic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They help you delete some incriminating videos?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No you asked for proof that your wife was finally leaving
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh I had her chipped, I always know where she is.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I found where it was
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I found where it was +1