Gaming i h8 games that take 4eva 2 load

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
back on topic:
the DS games with bad loading times can be counted on 1 hand.
so far the worst i've seen is "time ace" which has loading times between 15 and 30 seconds.

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game called ThreadCreator is really bad, takes loading time to the next level. Gotta translate it and then fix grammar issues and change it up to mimic an actual language. It takes quite awhile to load and I find it super annoying.

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
How many cracks at the kids english are needed? Haha.

Now that I think about it.. i've yet to come across a DS game with long loading times.

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
i don't mind a slightly long startup time but load and reload times can be annoying.

(joo n0 sp33kze teh l33t)
tongue.gif

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are some game with a bit longer loading times like the already mentioned Assassin's Creed or some games like NFS, Race Driver but none can be compared to the likes of PSP or other optical media based consoles.

What I myself do hate though are long download play downloads
biggrin.gif
, on some games it's just terrible but usually it's just a bad design. In Bleach 2nd that takes quite a long to download you need to redownload quite a lot of data after every character change and for instance Rafa Nadal Tennis lets you play just one match and then you need to redownload.

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You have not experienced loading time until you play crysis on a 'normal' computer haha
tongue.gif

But seriously the DS has almost no waiting time for 90% of the games out there..

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
flash based hardware with long loading times? only when booting a game i get a loading bar (R4) but ingame i never was like: "this loading takes for ever". Battlefield 1942 now that had loading times XD

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
back on topic:
the DS games with bad loading times can be counted on 1 hand.
so far the worst i've seen is "time ace" which has loading times between 15 and 30 seconds.
Dead 'n' Furious/Touch The Dead has the worst, even then its not bad.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MagNetCZ said:
There are some game with a bit longer loading times like the already mentioned Assassin's Creed or some games like NFS, Race Driver but none can be compared to the likes of PSP or other optical media based consoles.

What I myself do hate though are long download play downloads
biggrin.gif
, on some games it's just terrible but usually it's just a bad design. In Bleach 2nd that takes quite a long to download you need to redownload quite a lot of data after every character change and for instance Rafa Nadal Tennis lets you play just one match and then you need to redownload.
which NFS?
there are 3 NFS games for the DS, underground2, carbon, and prostreet.
underground 2 is my favorite and has no loading times.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You people are funny. You should have been around when the Atari 400 was at its' peak.. Waiting for about 10-20 minutes for Bounty Bob Strikes Back to load on Cassette. Or maybe playing Might & Magic 3 or Beaneath a Steel Sky on Floppy on the Amiga.

Remember, patience is a virtue.

2dere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I think the onlything I've had to wait for is Game saves. But even then, playing it on a flash cart is even faster than the original game when it comes to time to save. Other than a few seconds between travelling from a dungeon to town in Dungeon Explorer I don't think I've encounter any Loading Screens in any of the games I've played. I know you see the four koma square in JUS every now and again but other than the four seconds before a fight is loaded its usually just saving.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope, not sure what you mean by loading times on the DS, never had a problem. Longest loading screens I remember were in Crash Bandicoot: Wrath Of Cortex (PS2) and Battlefield: Modern Warfare (PC) when you try and connect to an online map.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw