Not open for further replies.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
So yeah, I didnt bother to post here since I came last Dec. 5th (Asian Time)

So yeah, Im back in Philippines and I have to let the snow/winter to dry because my gadgets will be semi-broken. I got shocked on the things happening here in the Philippines like noisy streets and cars; Noisy people; unbelievable begars; Stupid Filipino stuffs different from Canada (Security guards checking your bags at the mall)

In Canada, the only thing watching you is a camera just above you. No annoying security guards opening your bags in the mall. There are also thieves everywhere where in Canada, if you dropped your phone, it will be returned to you. That's how selfish the people here.

Im loving Canada little by little and I can get used on the 15% tax. I can do things on myself. But what differs Philippines to Canada is the good services. Yeah, I have to admit that I feel proud on Philippines even though the system is kinda suck. I still have the pride of "Oh, You're higher than me" that stuffs. In Canada, you do things your way - they dont care. But what I also like in the Philippines is that you can play LOUD music everywhere. LOL

So, I can say that the Philippines is like a Yin-Yan where there's good, there's always bad. Some cases in the Philippines are isolated because of poor government. Like I said, half of the Filipinos are good and half of the filipinos are DESPERATE on their lives because of no work forcing them to steal from other people.

Oh, the trolly of the airport in the Philippines is free where in Canada it's 2 dollars. The plastic bag in Canada is 5 cents plus tax where as the pholippines it's free.

Like I said, Like it or hate it, you will have these two feelings in the Philippines - both liking it and hating it - we cant escape these tw answers when being asked becuase haft-half of question is both - I both LIKED and HATE Philippines at the same time. YOU CANT DENY IT.

I sure hope to avoid some flames here because it's the truth, I hate the Filipinos because Some or most Filipinos ARE DESPERATE on living, DESPERATE to do some UNWANTED actions.

PS: I skipped 1 day because of the flight. It's like I time traveled just one day

NO FLAMES. NO TROLLS. IT'S THE TRUTH. It's what on my mind.

write your own story

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
In my honest opinion, if there is someone to blame that is the government actually.. people act the way they do because of poor government system and taxes aren't well used.. I grew up in Philippines from birth til 16 and moved to US.. its been 4 years now.. (yes im 20 lol) my parents salary isn't just enough to get me to college even though I worked for myself too (as a dishwasher, yea right =.=) so we went here.. Philippines' culture is very rich and I am proud of that.. here in America, there are things that you can't really do.. no fiesta? they celebrate Halloween differently, Christmas here sucks! I can't have some money..
frown.gif
no children coming around asking for money.. my sister's 18 birthday is coming.. and its a big part of her life.. we wanted to celebrate it in Philippines since it's better 'celebrated' there.. we only know few people here and i guess its better if there's a lot of people coming.. but the ticket is just too much for us.. so.. xD also, i don't think that only half are good people.. most of them are friendly really.. you probably might just experiencing culture shock.. of some sort.. it happens... but if i have to pick between here and there? i would go there BUT i have to have lotsa money first.. coz in Philippines, money = life and power.. and thats true..

but for me, i liked Philippines more than I hate it.. and to be honest really, i've got no reason to hate it really.. because my 'real' friends are in there and my good relatives..

did you grew up in Canada as a child or you grew up in Philippines then moved to Canada?

also, when u just came from someplace else i.e. canada? girls are easy..
smile.gif
just so you know..
smileipb2.png

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Okaaay. So you've been to Canada already[we all know it's a better nation] and now you're acting as if you never grew up in the Philippines and even calling it Hell? I couldn't resist responding to your great statements, always looking at the negative side of everything in the Philippines.

Have fun being here again, patriot.
mellow.gif

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I find it rather contradicting what you state here. You don't seem to like the tax you pay in canada, yet you get annoyed by the poverty in the phillippines that forces people to steal. You can't have both away, you know? The tax will be used to help the poor. You can't have no poverty and no tax at the same time so I find it rather offending that you still want it to be like that. It's either one or the other.

D

Deleted_171835

Chris_Skylock said:
Im loving Canada little by little and I can get used on the 15% tax.
13% HST. Not 15%.

QUOTE(Chris_Skylock @ Dec 8 2010, 06:54 PM) The plastic bag in Canada is 5 cents plus tax where as the pholippines it's free.
Well, this to keep people away from using plastic bags. The government wants people to bring in their own reusable bags.
---
You should be happy you weren't in Toronto during the G20 in June.
It was hell. Cops everywhere and people getting arrested under "new regulation". Aside from a few faults, Canada is a great place! Have you went to a Tim Hortons.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what is the 13-15% tax on? is that an income tax or sales tax? property tax? In the states (i'm in ct so the state taxes my income too) and my income is taxed almost 25%. we pay 6% for sales tax and then i get taxed on my car too. if i owned a house i'd get taxed on that as well. 13 or 15% doesn't seem so bad to me if it's an income tax. kind of crappy if it's a sales tax.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Well, you can always find a brighter side to things. I would feel blessed to go back to Uzbekistan, a politically corrupt country with a dictator, but the ethnicity and the culture is well worth it. I wouldn't want to live there the rest of my life, but living in a country that is culture-less as Canada makes it great to visit the home town.

D

Deleted_171835

smash_brew said:
what is the 13-15% tax on? is that an income tax or sales tax? property tax? In the states (i'm in ct so the state taxes my income too) and my income is taxed almost 25%. we pay 6% for sales tax and then i get taxed on my car too. if i owned a house i'd get taxed on that as well. 13 or 15% doesn't seem so bad to me if it's an income tax. kind of crappy if it's a sales tax.
The HST (13% tax) is a sales tax.
---
Income tax rates here are
* 15% on the first $40,970 of taxable income, +
* 22% on the next $40,971 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income between $40,970 and $81,941), +
* 26% on the next $45,080 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income between $81,941 and $127,021), +
* 29% of taxable income over $127,021.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
smash_brew said:
---
Income tax rates here are
* 15% on the first $40,970 of taxable income, +
* 22% on the next $40,971 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income between $40,970 and $81,941), +
* 26% on the next $45,080 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income between $81,941 and $127,021), +
* 29% of taxable income over $127,021.

ok. so i did the math real quick and my total income tax works out to be about 23.5% in canada i'd only be taxed 22% but that 1.5% difference gets more then made up by my much lower sales tax rate of 6%. Doesn't canada have free universal heath care? if thats the case then i'd probably end up better off in canada. not to mention the liberal marijuana laws that i envy very much. shit canada here i come. if only the movie canadian bacon hadn't taught me to hate canada so much. damn you john candy.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hell. I like it. Go back and freeze your conceited little ass off in Canada, why don't you? See if any of the 80 million+ pinoys give a damn! Heck, you even have a flag of "Hell" on your profile. What hypocrisy is this?

Saying you "both like and hate" the country is just a BS cop out of an excuse. (how in God's green Earth do you "like" a country you call Hell???) It's either one or the other, you can't have it both ways. GTFO and back to Canada. FFS, the nation don't need judgmental "balimbing" (fence-sitters or those who change sides frequently, for all the non-pinoys) hypocrites here.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
SoulSnatcher said:
smash_brew said:
In Ontario, that is. In British Columbia we recently got our 12% HST (Harmonized Savings Tax). Some provinces and territories don't have sales tax applied above the standard 5% GST (General Sales Tax) from the federal government.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Shinigami357 said:
Hell. I like it. Go back and freeze your conceited little ass off in Canada, why don't you? See if any of the 80 million+ pinoys give a damn! Heck, you even have a flag of "Hell" on your profile. What hypocrisy is this?

Saying you "both like and hate" the country is just a BS cop out of an excuse. (how in God's green Earth do you "like" a country you call Hell???) It's either one or the other, you can't have it both ways. GTFO and back to Canada. FFS, the nation don't need judgmental "balimbing" (fence-sitters or those who change sides frequently, for all the non-pinoys) hypocrites here.
Exactly.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, Im in Canada and every single day, I wish I am back in Hell.
Not that I dont like Canada, but cause I love our country.

I remember you complaining about those people who are "sosyal" (trying to look rich), but
Arent you the same person who always shows off his 3541390 phones and 43543543 DSes?
isnt that a bit of hypocrisy?

Also, its not a persons fault if they are DESPERATE, do you think they wanted that? they are trying to cling on to life. I agree that they shouldnt be doing unwanted actions, but if you were in that situation, I think you'll be desperate too.

Every time you post a blog like this, its really insulting to us Filipinos (excluding you). You really know how to make our country look bad.
I'm disgusted.

NO FLAMES. NO TROLLS. IT'S THE TRUTH. It's what on my mind.
well, this story.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
ahh well, i have never left the Philippines and i like it here, the part that you are saying that there are thieves everywhere? idk but here in Davao i can walk 12midnight alone in a dark alley, nothing happens to me. maybe you grew up in manila? or somewhere else. i think in Davao, it's the bad guys who should be careful. but it's true though, the government sucks, but still, its where i was born so i'll make the best out of it.

if you have accepted that our country is like that, then it will be like that. it's like you got dirt on your shirt and went like "ah well there's dirt on my shirt, i don't care" then the dirt will stay there.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
If Filipinos won't appreciate their own country then WHO THE FUCK ELSE WILL?
It's us who can make this a better place, people like you only make it worse. Your lack of patriotism makes this country look bad. You're just jumping on the bandwagon, I believe if someone says that your country sucks, you'll just nod and agree. No matter how negative you think about PH, I DON'T CARE. I GREW UP HERE AND I WILL BE LOYAL AND HELP MAKE THE PHILIPPINES A BETTER NATION TO LIVE IN.
Better for you to stay in Canada[AGAIN, I'm not saying that it's bad there. You should get me if you have enough understanding.] than going back to your own country and hatin' it.

If you call Philippines "HELL," It will be the best HELL I've ever lived in.

Edit:
And oh yeah, I remember when you arrived in Canada saying, "OH I MISS ALL THOSE NOISY PEOPLE BLAH BLAH IT'S REALLY SOMETHING I MISS. I WISH I WAZ THERE YOU KNOW."
Hypocrisy much?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
What we need is to improve Philippines. WE NEED EACH OTHER'S HELP TO IMPROVE IT. We need to stop all those people doing un-wanted things.

Instead of Trolling me, try to help.

Im doing as best as I can to see how I can improve it. Im just saying the bad sides of the Philippines THAT SHOULD BE IMPROVED.

Have you watched the TV shows of the Philippines, HELL the people are annoying. Filipinos SHOULD HAVE ITS OWN STANDARDS. If you can notice that Filipinos ARE TRYING HARD AMERICAN COPYCATS, we should have our own FILIPINO STANDARDS. THAT'S WHAT IM TRYING TO POINT OUT.

So what I have so many phones? I know how to use them properly. I know how to programs and maintain them. Look at some random Pinoy who has a blackberry. What is she doing? She's just texting. She's not using the BB services ETC.

You people are easily offended and never try to look at yourselves and try to improve it. That is why I hated Philippines.

We insult other nations but if we are being insulted, we fight back. PSH. Remember the Korean Star that mimics the Tagalog-accent of English? I didnt get offended because we have evolved from our english accents. The Korean actress is just mimicking southeast asian english accents.

WHY DONT YOU SHUT UP AND TRY TO IMPROVE WHAT YOU ARE.

---

PS: Do you think Im happy to be back? My mom got a round trip tickets because she needs to finish her papers in COMELEC (Commision on Election). She's retiring and Im not happy about the roundtrip tickets. I will Philippines and I will miss the people but I do hope someday, Philippines has improved once I got a nice life in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol