I'm planning to make a Homebrew App called WiiIPAEMU - An IOS Emulator for Wii and vWii (Wii U)

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was thinking about writing a smart ass reply to this but then I remembered I asked similar questions when I was young so here is some actual advice:

By the way you're phrasing your question I'm guessing you have little or no actual programming experience.
If that is NOT the case and you're actually an experienced developer then disregard everything I'm about to type here.

If you actually are as inexperienced as I think you are then let me answer your question:
Don't. An emulator is a piece of software that, depending on the system you're trying to emulate, can be extremely complicated to develop even for a very experienced developer.
What you should start with is just some standard software development on a PC. Code some games. Tetris, Snake and the like. Use any object oriented programming language you want to, but I would personally recommend C++. Focus on memory-safe programming, try to understand the low level hardware aspects of what you're doing here.
If you feel like you've grasped the concepts for development on a PC, make the switch to developing for an embedded POSIX system. Actually, the Wii is a great example for such a system.
If you've done all that and actually have an in-depth understanding about what you're doing then you will also know where to start with building an emulator.

However, start with writing an emulator for a system which has all its hardware completely documented and this documentation publicly available. The NES or Game Boy come to mind.

Specifically for iOS, you have to keep in mind that you're looking at one of the most advanced and modern operating systems out there and also one that is entirely closed source. Developing an emulator for iOS applications is an extremely difficult task for anybody, even the most skilled developers out there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious