Hacking Installing any DLCs crash Animal Crossing New Horizon

Calella

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I have been trying to install the Happy Home Paradise dlc for over one year but with no luck. So, I'm currently running on Atmosphere 1.4.0 and 15.0.0 with updated sigpatches.
I've tried to install the dlc using differnt nsps and different installers, I used Tinfoil and also DBI but nothing has changed. I've tried to uninstall the game completely, I've tried to change the hekate_ipl.ini file with the code kip1patch=nosigchk but it didn't help.
Also, installing the two minor dlcs, Online Member Items and Special Order Tickets, crashes the game now but those were perfectly running with firmware 13.2.1 before the update to 15.0.0 and 1.4.0! However uninstalling all the DLCs the game start as usual. Any suggestion would be really appreciated thanks!

Edit: Solved, clear cache through maintenance mode!

Last edited by Calella,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have been trying to install the Happy Home Paradise dlc for over one year but with no luck. So, I'm currently running on Atmosphere 1.4.0 and 15.0.0 with updated sigpatches.
I've tried to install the dlc using differnt nsps and different installers, I used Tinfoil and also DBI but nothing has changed. I've tried to uninstall the game completely, I've tried to change the hekate_ipl.ini file with the code kip1patch=nosigchk but it didn't help.
Also, installing the two minor dlcs, Online Member Items and Special Order Tickets, crashes the game now but those were perfectly running with firmware 13.2.1 before the update to 15.0.0 and 1.4.0! However uninstalling all the DLCs the game start as usual. Any suggestion would be really appreciated thanks!
I'll see if I can duplicate this scenario.

Maybe try backing up your game save, deleting your game save, installing one of the DLCs, restart the game and see if it works? I've had stale game saves jam up DLC on my switch at least once (but not with this game, to be clear.)

Calella

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll see if I can duplicate this scenario.

Maybe try backing up your game save, deleting your game save, installing one of the DLCs, restart the game and see if it works? I've had stale game saves jam up DLC on my switch at least once (but not with this game, to be clear.)
Thank you, actually I have a backup in JKSV but I'm fucking scared of deleting the game saves, my gf can easily end me if I lose her saves :D

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, actually I have a backup in JKSV but I'm fucking scared of deleting the game saves, my gf can easily end me if I lose her saves :D

JKSV is pretty solid, but yeah. I hear ya.

are you using the latest update? Patch 27 it looks like?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes exactly, the 2.0.5 update
Well, I have bad news…

image.jpg

Timmy is happy to see me, even after installing all 3mDLC packages.

I can‘t duplicate the issue.

So, what does that mean…

Either your sources are bad (I look at Titz all day but that’s just me) or your data is bad.

Easy stuff first:

we can delete the game without deleting your saves and reinstall from a different source.

hard stuff last:

we put our trust in your backups and delete the saves, reinstall the game+DLC, play the game (disconnected from the internet) to make sure it works, restore your saves from backup. I’m assuming you won’t be able to use the Nintendo official Backuo service.

last resort…we do nothing and you don’t get to play the DLC. :-(

Reactions: Calella

Calella

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, I have bad news…

View attachment 335901

Timmy is happy to see me, even after installing all 3mDLC packages.

I can‘t duplicate the issue.

So, what does that mean…

Either your sources are bad (I look at Titz all day but that’s just me) or your data is bad.

Easy stuff first:

we can delete the game without deleting your saves and reinstall from a different source.

hard stuff last:

we put our trust in your backups and delete the saves, reinstall the game+DLC, play the game (disconnected from the internet) to make sure it works, restore your saves from backup. I’m assuming you won’t be able to use the Nintendo official Backuo service.

last resort…we do nothing and you don’t get to play the DLC. :-(
Thanks for your work dude! The nsp source is reliable so I doubt it is the problem. This may really be due to data saves, even if I don't understand why. 😩

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your work dude! The nsp source is reliable so I doubt it is the problem. This may really be due to data saves, even if I don't understand why. 😩
You bet. At least you know what it is NOT even if we aren’t sure exactly what it is. I’ve seen it before with a different game. JKSV is really solid and even calls out Animal Crossing in the README.md

64979EF4-5BBF-41F9-AB49-EC8CD1BBED16.jpeg

…all that said, it’s your game save and your girlfriend so only you can decide the next steps.

Calella

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You bet. At least you know what it is NOT even if we aren’t sure exactly what it is. I’ve seen it before with a different game. JKSV is really solid and even calls out Animal Crossing in the README.md

View attachment 335921

…all that said, it’s your game save and your girlfriend so only you can decide the next steps.
SOLVED! It was easier than I thought, shout-out to SiriusDrake on Reddit that wrote this to resolve a dlc error for mario kart:

1.) Turn off switch

2.) Inject payload (start)

3.) When you see the Atmosphere logo, hold the VolUp + Power button and don't let go until you enter Maintanance Mode (has white background)

4.) Press the power switch, your switch will automatically clear cache and turn off

5.) Inject Payload and boot normally

Yay! :grog:

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that trick can also applies to various other issues that may occur. i would suggest making this one of the first steps when troubleshooting problems. its not a cure all but helpful

Reactions: Calella

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia