Homebrew Discussion Installing YouTube on cfw

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was considering doing this but when I used the 90dns settings, my speed was greatly reduced. How's the speed on Adguard's DNS?

The other reason I didn't use their DNS was I tried it on the XBONEX and still got the ads. Such a pain in the booty.

I just Adguard on my PC and love it. I made a bat file that uses a Samsung or LG smart TV user agent and runs Chrome in kiosk mode so there's no tabs or window/title bar and setup controller companion from steam to operate like it does on the Xbox and I get no ads whatsoever. It's a great experience on my PC. I can share that bat file with you in PM if you like.

What I really should do is get an rPi and setup Adguard home to block ads on the network level so there's no DNS editing, no additional programs, browser extensions or hosts editing nonsense to deal with. Have you heard of it?

I think you’re looking for this:

https://pi-hole.net/

Reactions: LegzRwheelz

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
I think you’re looking for this:

https://pi-hole.net/
Thank you for commenting. I know about piHole and have been on the fence with this for a while now however an alternative to piHole was recently released that's based off of AdGuard, it's called "AdGuard Home". It's seemingly much better and far more user friendly, not that I need something super easy to use but ease of use is definitely a plus. Since, I've been an AG user for about 12 -/+ years and this is based off of AdGuard, it's certainly got me excited and leaning towards selling some of my stuff that's just collecting dust so I can buy an rPi CM4. I always seem to have other stuff that's more important taking up my money (kids are money pits, lol). Anyhow, thanks for joining in on the conversation. I hope you're doing well and stress free! ✌️ 💛 😊

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: