Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have this HDD at home:

http://www.trekstor.de/de/products/detail_hdd.php?pid=20

black.jpg

Have paid 120€ for my 120GB HDD

It works fine with GeeXbox and USB Loader. Is here someone who has opened his WII and could say if this HDD would fit into the WII without removing the Drive?

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GEnick said:
I have this HDD at home:

http://www.trekstor.de/de/products/detail_hdd.php?pid=20

black.jpg

Have paid 120€ for my 120GB HDD

It works fine with GeeXbox and USB Loader. Is here someone who has opened his WII and could say if this HDD would fit into the WII without removing the Drive?

There's no normal hard drive that you will be able to fit in the wii without taking out the DVD drive.

nasakii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick idea feeding off of someone else's mod: It may be a bit big, but you could do the GCN controller port extension mod, and with all of that extra room for a hard drive to sit in. Only thing you'd really need to add would be a hole for the usb cable, a way to secure your drive and maybe add a fan to push heat out. I'm not too smart when it comes to hard modding, but maybe you could leech some power from one of the controller ports to power the fan? I dunno. Pics below of the original mod:

[EDIT] Link to original mod's thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126306

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sounds like best idea so far, maybe a slimline case mod which looks like an official add on to the wii which could store a lappy hdd, seems easy enough to do, then only thing you would need is a way to clip it on the case and have a fan installed.

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i've palyed around with it a little more.

I removed the control board on the DVD drive, and hooked it to the wii directly. It still wouldn't boot properly. I just get a code dump. I've tried several variations of booting, too. I don't really understand why it requires the complete DVD drive, even when I attach the control board to the Wii..But this seems like something I can't do until patched by Waninkoko.

Sebastian25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
you could get a .usb stick and do it.
that way you don't need to remove the dvd drive.

QUOTEUSB sticks don't go up to 500gb
wink.gif

the Wii only has 3-4 games worth playing, at most all the best games fit on a 32 GB usb flash drive.
ur stoopid for putting a 500 GB in a Wii, of all things.

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sebastian25 said:
QUOTE said:
you could get a .usb stick and do it.
that way you don't need to remove the dvd drive.

QUOTEUSB sticks don't go up to 500gb
wink.gif

the Wii only has 3-4 games worth playing, at most all the best games fit on a 32 GB usb flash drive.
ur stoopid for putting a 500 GB in a Wii, of all things.

I'm "stoopid"? Oh, ok.

My 16GB flash drive is completely full, and i still have at least 8-9 games that i'd like to stick on there. 500GB is enough to hold as many games as i'd like, to switch between whenever I'd like.

Sebastian25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
humor me and let me know which 9 games u so desperately want to play that badly that u would put a $200 piece of hard ware in an overpriced gamecube?

i bet u won't play most of those games longer than 20 minutes.

Dantarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkzero51521 said:
TRASHED POST

Don't forget that you can have a 100gb partition for the usb loader, a 400gb partition for emulators, mplayer movies, and.....

To be honest, I can't see anyone ever using over 100gb total for wii homebrew. Even a full set of SNES/NES/Genesis roms isn't over 20gb, and I can't even see 80gb of games EVER being worth installing to the wii hd.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822324023

Thats about as big as I think will ever be nessesary for myself.

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sebastian25 said:
humor me and let me know which 9 games u so desperately want to play that badly that u would put a $200 piece of hard ware in an overpriced gamecube?

i bet u won't play most of those games longer than 20 minutes.

$200? Try $80.

Besides, in one of my previous posts I said that i'm probably going to switch my comp's 250gb with the 500gb.

My current fav games,
Animal Crossing, Obscure 2 (def), SSBB, COD5, Pikmin, wii sports, Madworld, Dead rising, LoZ (meh)

Other games I wouldn't mind having,
Mario Kart, RE4, Fire emblem, Alone in the dark, FF:CC, bomberman, house of the dead, Metriod prime 3.

I'm sure there's some i'm missing. And yes, i know that's not 250gb, but you know good any well that they haven't stopped making games for the Wii. I'm not going to stick something in my Wii that might run out of space one day.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kornychaos said:
This mod looks promising from user CandieCorpse @ xbox-scene:

wiiss-1.jpg

An homage to the Panasonic Q, perhaps? (And, yeah, it's a bit over-the-top--slap some rims on that thing and you can go street racing in Westminster.)

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why not make a case mod for your wii instead of going through all the DVD unattaching trouble? Just make or buy a custom case for your wii that looks exactly the same as a normal wii but is slightly larger to fit the accuracies of your hard drive addition so both will fit in.

--JoCa-- said:
Or you could disassemble your Wii and re-assemble it inside a laptop. This way you would have a portable Wii with a screen XD

*I'm kidding, y'know*
you would say it as a joke but some people actually do that. better yet, they make their own cases, not take a laptop's. take this N64 for example:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/16/l64-red...able-n64-style/

http://www.smashgamers.com/2008/12/19/the-...le-nintendo-64/

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Why are people suggesting mods that produce results completely opposite of this project's goal? The whole point is not to have an extra hard drive sitting next to the Wii, and you think it's a good idea to make the whole damn case bigger?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==