Hacking IOS patcher?

oli123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use search function!!!
it means that you need to patch the game with the ios changer from waninko so that the game uses ios 249
but if you have softchip installed you can just select ios 249 in the menu and you dont need to patch the game

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a PC program you can find at
http://wii.waninkoko.info/
I think it forces the game to use a different ISO/cISO
it works for games like Metal Slug, and older type games
hope that helped, oh and don't mind the others. I think the rules state that you must use the search button before making a new topic. I don't know for sure cause i've never read the rules

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
regt123 said:
at the compatibility wiki:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher_v3#H
for ghost squad it says it works if patched
and also for house of dead 2 and 3
what does it mean to patch these games?
sorry but i'm an extreme noob xp

Some games seem to look for themself in a special file on the dvd(the tmd) which IOS should be used and just load it. Most games don't do that, most games just use the IOS which is loaded when the game starts. With backup launchers you want all games to use IOS249, that's why you patch them.

QUOTE(oli123 @ Dec 14 2008, 10:57 PM) Use search function!!!
it means that you need to patch the game with the ios changer from waninko so that the game uses ios 249
but if you have softchip installed you can just select ios 249 in the menu and you dont need to patch the game

No, SoftChip does not do it. You can select which IOS to use in SoftChip, which you can't in Gamma(always uses IOS249), that's it.

sirvarz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a mod chip or anything like that, i've only used homebrew for homebrew games and cheat codes. normally when I get the message saying to eject the disk and turn off the system, it's cause I need to update an IOS, but I can't figure out which one I need to update. I'm also talking about HotD 2/3, and I have the disk, but any time i start it up it never gets farther than saving before it crashes. Which IOS do I update to get this to work? thanks

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sirvarz said:
I don't have a mod chip or anything like that, i've only used homebrew for homebrew games and cheat codes. normally when I get the message saying to eject the disk and turn off the system, it's cause I need to update an IOS, but I can't figure out which one I need to update. I'm also talking about HotD 2/3, and I have the disk, but any time i start it up it never gets farther than saving before it crashes. Which IOS do I update to get this to work? thanks
Can you see the date? Well, simply try to start the game with neogamma and be happy
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night