is it possible to use HDD

lu_mclean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there is a way or a dev that can add external HDD usage with atmospher like we had with SXOS if yes that would be great.

Jack_Bauer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
I read somewhere that atmosphere devs didn't want to include this option (while it is possible) to avoid any legal actions from big N. With coding knowledge and using atmosphere source code, one can add the feature to his own private usage. This is what I understood, I might be wrong!

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I read somewhere that atmosphere devs didn't want to include this option (while it is possible) to avoid any legal actions from big N. With coding knowledge and using atmosphere source code, one can add the feature to his own private usage. This is what I understood, I might be wrong!
Atmosphere don't even have sigpatches by default. Whilist SXOS use some nintedo code to make XCI mounting possible, which got them in the hot water

lu_mclean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Atmosphere don't even have sigpatches by default. Whilist SXOS use some nintedo code to make XCI mounting possible, which got them in the hot water
i see but since the code is out can't it be used by external someone just like how the sigpatches is not in by defult can't someone just add the HDD support externally to give you the option to backup and install your orignal backup on an HDD

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
i see but since the code is out can't it be used by external someone just like how the sigpatches is not in by defult can't someone just add the HDD support externally to give you the option to backup and install your orignal backup on an HDD
Nin sued Bowser to be sure everybody would be too afraid to bother

lu_mclean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nin sued Bowser to be sure everybody would be too afraid to bother
damn so i guess no hope for that if i was a dev i wouldve made it and released it annonmissly but ya i get what your saying thank you for always responding so fast

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure what drugs everyone on this thread is on but technically, Atmosphere supports HDD usage. Its not advertised the same way as SX OS because Atmosphere is just a CFW; you cannot technically do anything with Atmosphere alone.
is there is a way or a dev that can add external HDD usage with atmospher like we had with SXOS if yes that would be great.
Atmosphere has supported HDD usage for years at this point. You just have to find a compatible homebrew app that can make use of it like a title installer. Some examples include Goldleaf, dbi, and TinWoo Installer. This is namely the functionality to install .NSP/.XCI files off of an USB HDD which even SX OS had. The only functionality that is missing from Atmosphere versus SX OS is the ability to mount .XCI files.

Reactions: SonyUSA

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I am not sure what drugs everyone on this thread is on but technically, Atmosphere supports HDD usage. Its not advertised the same way as SX OS because Atmosphere is just a CFW; you cannot technically do anything with Atmosphere alone.

Atmosphere has supported HDD usage for years at this point. You just have to find a compatible homebrew app that can make use of it like a title installer. Some examples include Goldleaf, dbi, and TinWoo Installer. This is namely the functionality to install .NSP/.XCI files off of an USB HDD which even SX OS had. The only functionality that is missing from Atmosphere versus SX OS is the ability to mount .XCI files.
You make the point, Atmosphère DOES NOT INDEED support anything, there are home-brew which add functionality and a very big point YOUR NEED TO INSTALL the XCI file.

now what the OP ask was if Atmosphère could ever support run XCI files directly from HDD and the answer is: That will only happen wen big N implement that on his own HOS, because the aim of Atmosphère is to be a open source 1:1 implementation of HOS expanding the access to Homebrew.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You make the point, Atmosphère DOES NOT INDEED support anything, there are home-brew which add functionality and a very big point YOUR NEED TO INSTALL the XCI file.

now what the OP ask was if Atmosphère could ever support run XCI files directly from HDD and the answer is: That will only happen wen big N implement that on his own HOS, because the aim of Atmosphère is to be a open source 1:1 implementation of HOS expanding the access to Homebrew.
No, OP did not ask that. There is no mention of .XCI files in the first post. All OP asked for was
HDD usage with atmospher like we had with SXOS
which is yes because Atmosphere and homebrew apps alike support HDD usage similar to SX OS. You and everyone else put words in OP's mouth. The issue of HDD support was never about anti-piracy hence why was it added in the first place.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

By the way I never has been able to use an USB HDD on those installers, any special format/partition or setting for a hard drive to work?

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have 400GB SD card and have installed more games what I will play ever. And if I want a new game always can delete any non played game.
User of 512GB Samsung evo SD CARD here. I have 270gb free space left.
I only have 6/7 games installed. Anything more i have on two 1tb external ssd. I like have all favorite games backed up

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

lu_mclean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, OP did not ask that. There is no mention of .XCI files in the first post. All OP asked for was

which is yes because Atmosphere and homebrew apps alike support HDD usage similar to SX OS. You and everyone else put words in OP's mouth. The issue of HDD support was never about anti-piracy hence why was it added in the first place.
what i wanted is insted of installing my backup on nand or SD i was wondering if there is a way to install it on external HDD and play like how i do with my ps4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a