Is Red Dead Redemption 2 worth playing?

AnnaSokolski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
I want to pay special attention to the game's graphics because they are perfect. And also I like the physics of Red Dead Redemption 2, so this game is worth playing.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Personally, I wouldn't; I think the extreme attention to detail - the main character actually reaching for natural resources or to open cupboards, etc., is far too slow for what is, in the end, a videogame; other games skip this bit of realism to speed up or even skip repetitive tasks, thereby enhancing game flow.
Additionally, while you can kill animals and sell their corpses, the main character has to physically carry the kill to his horse, and has to reach town before the carcass rots; there's also various ranks of carcasses, too, with better (and rarer) ones selling for more. Again, this level of realism is unnecessary, as it doesn't allow for player freedom; other games just have you kill an animal, skin them, store the skin and other resources in your inventory, and you can sell the stuff whenever you want.

Oh, and there's no singleplayer DLC, since RockStar focused on the online multiplayer...which, last I heard, was suffering heavily. Might even be abandoned now, for all I know. RockStar even tried to force in Shard Card-esque monetisation, making stuff ludicrously expensive for the minuscule amount of gold you earn in MP.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I think RDR2 is worth playing which I enjoyed for its Western themes (w/ some missions being pulled from pop culture, e.g., "Unforgiven") and its intuitive gameplay/controls, but for me to do all of those missions (which was a grind-fest) which took so long for the limited amount of time I had to play through it in a single setting, I could never finish. That's what happens when you live a busy life in your 30's and have to make choices over how you prioritize your time.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Beat the game a few years back when it was first released. Loved it, but less so than RDR1.

Now, I am waiting for the next-gen upgrade to play it again.
I tried it on the PS4 (fat) the other day and the graphics look a bit dated now. I mean they're still great but I have gotten used to 4K on the XSX.

MMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes yes yes.
my most simple review is: it's like a good oldschool TV show with 4 or 5 seasons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You mean like every famous person that ever existed +1