Is the Citra Emulator Slow?

EldritchPenumbra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been tinkering with Citra for a few days now, and realized that I am able to emulate a great number of game systems like the Wii, PS3, and Classic XBOX, but for what ever reason, none of my Gaming/Media computers can handle Citra. I have to keep the graphics a native resolution, run in small windows, and it still hick ups here and there. Is this because the emulator is still in development, or does it just require some extremely beefy hardware? I.E. do I need to build a $4000 gaming PC to run this? Just seems crazy.

Colmines92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I have been tinkering with Citra for a few days now, and realized that I am able to emulate a great number of game systems like the Wii, PS3, and Classic XBOX, but for what ever reason, none of my Gaming/Media computers can handle Citra. I have to keep the graphics a native resolution, run in small windows, and it still hick ups here and there. Is this because the emulator is still in development, or does it just require some extremely beefy hardware? I.E. do I need to build a $4000 gaming PC to run this? Just seems crazy.
citra doesn't require a high end pc.
You can play almost any 3ds game using citra with a 4th gen pc even without video card, or even on a 775 pre-gen pc with a video card that supports openGL 3.3 onwards.

If your pc fulfills these requirements maybe you're missing some driver, or even need to reinstall your os.

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no you definitely don't you most likely have just an error with drivers or citra config my pc uses a t700 quadro card (the gpu market was shit back then don't question me) and it runs citra just fine the only time I struggled with citra was emulating the 3ds menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...