Homebrew Is there any 3DS Pedometer / Step Counter Homebrew?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed that part.
Lol you asked, i was just responding. :P

Anyway wouldn't first be a good idea how to determine how to do this trick? How does the game know you take steps? Do you need the game running when in sleep mode to do it? Does it work and register steps without the game on itself (Without playing in pause mode) Maybe it does, maybe each time the game is loaded, it checks the activity log to read how many steps were taken since the last time the game was saved and then loads that info when you begin playing again. I really dunno since i haven't played a pokemon game on it. But is just ideas, Whatever the case, is best to poke around with the ideas of what is actually going on, and find out how to manipulate it. Is call trial and error folks. :teach:

Reactions: Puddies

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@redunka: Hey, very nice. Can you share this Pedometer Changer please? That would be awesome! :)

@Sonic Angel Knight: It is not necessary, to have Pokemon Omega Ruby running. You can start the 3DS to home screen, and walk around. The game only uses the step number, you see in the home screen.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the steps counter cumulative?

The step counter is reset after 24 hours (every 12AM) So do you have to load the game when you get high step counter before the day ends, or can the game be loaded at anytime and all the steps are counted?

Reactions: Puddies

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You also can load the game at 0 steps, close the 3DS, walk 4001 steps and open the 3DS.
The game notices, that you did 4001 steps.

Rfire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pedometer Changer fails to install with FBI for me with code 0xD8E0806A. Both the one from the 11.4 and 11.5.1 CTR SDK just wanted to note that here for anyone else looking to try it. It fails because of some certificate error even on Luma3DS-dev with all the signature checking patches enabled.

Guessing it requires the devkit menu or the UNITINFO patch. Oh well.

Last edited by Rfire,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right... +1