Gaming It's all about the games.

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As an OG Xbox fan I've had my ups and down with Xbox and I'm being pessimistic about Series X.

(17:30)

"If you got a great game and it's only available on Xbox and it's the thing everybody is excited about then they're going to go out and buy Xboxs"

It makes me think that if the old guard of Xbox were still there would Halo Infinite be a Series X exclusive? Would it be better? Xbox One had very little exclusives too, it scares me to see where Series X is going when Phil Spencer is saying stuff like exclusives don't matter.
https://mspoweruser.com/phil-spencer-generationalexclusives-counter-gaming/

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As an OG Xbox fan I've had my ups and down with Xbox and I'm being pessimistic about Series X.

(17:30)

"If you got a great game and it's only available on Xbox and it's the thing everybody is excited about then they're going to go out and buy Xboxs"

It makes me think that if the old guard of Xbox were still there would Halo Infinite be a Series X exclusive? Would it be better? Xbox One had very little exclusives too, it scares me to see where Series X is going when Phil Spencer is saying stuff like exclusives don't matter.
https://mspoweruser.com/phil-spencer-generationalexclusives-counter-gaming/

Hot take but I do agree with Spencer on this one.

A console does not have to need exclusives in order to be good, they just need to have overall good features and values for the price you're getting it at.

It's why I still maintain that the Series X has better "value" then the PS5 despite the former's games being on PC as well, the reason, game pass, backwards comparability and dev mode etc.

Having options is a good thing in my book though anyways (imo), like it really doesn't bother me that the Halo games or God Of War for instance are on PC, more people get to play the games and not all console sales are directly attributed to exclusives as well.

Also particularly talking from a business standpoint from Microsoft's stance, to them putting their games on both PC and Xbox generates more game revenue, more audience = money and increases their player base anyways.

So not only do more people experience good games but also expands the player base for companies, which is good to do with business as the doorway to more consumers will be open (thus again, generating more money for them).

Everyone wins in the end of the day, so why is exclusivity so pushed by the gaming community, sense of value for *said plastic box or is it just to necessitate the console wars?

Again this is just my opinion of my thoughts in the discussion, not an attack.

Last edited by TomRiddle,

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the plural is Xboxes.
Hot take but I do agree with Spencer on this one.

A console does not have to need exclusives in order to be good, they just need to have overall good features and values for the price you're getting it at.

It's why I still maintain that the Series X has better "value" then the PS5 despite the former being on PC, the reason, game pass, backwards comparability and dev mode etc.

Having options is a good thing in my book though anyways (imo), like it really doesn't bother me that the Halo games or God Of War for instance are on PC, more people get to play the games and not all console sales are directly attributed to exclusives as well.

Also particularly talking from a business standpoint from Microsoft's stance, to them putting their games on both PC and Xbox generates more game revenue, more audience = money and increases their player base anyways.

So not only do more people experience good games but also expands the player base for companies, which is good to do with business as the doorway to more consumers will be open (thus again, generating more money for them).

Everyone wins in the end of the day, so why is exclusivity so pushed by the gaming community, sense of value for *said plastic box or is it just to necessitate the console wars?

Again this is just my opinion of my thoughts in the discussion, not an attack.
If I had the money, I'd actually buy a series X/S/Whatever. Microsoft's handling of backwards compatibility has been a marvel and can shape up to be a really convenient system. Not to mention that in out current landscape, a PC might be a bit daunting or out of reach, which has always been the appeal of consoles.

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the plural is Xboxes.

If I had the money, I'd actually buy a series X/S/Whatever. Microsoft's handling of backwards compatibility has been a marvel and can shape up to be a really convenient system. Not to mention that in out current landscape, a PC might be a bit daunting or out of reach, which has always been the appeal of consoles.
Agreed. For the price to performance that you're getting it at the Series S/X lineup has been really good so far, definitely better then building a PC at the same price for sure.

It's good that we are headed in a direction that we can experience any game regardless of any box you play it on, at any price point at that even.

If more people get to experience amazing titles and get the platforms they actually want to get regardless of exclusivity then that's always a plus in my book.

Besides I've already stated that it's better for more businness as higher audience = more money, at that point it's all about the feeling of the console wars and having something that other people don't have when it comes to exclusivity, and even then both things should really go away from the gaming community anyhow.

Reactions: Tsukiru

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well they've both made efforts to reach out, like Playstation PC was announced a while ago and they're porting stuff like Dad of War and Horizon. But Then there's the PS5 and wondering how feasible that'll be kept up, if at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1