ROM Hack Jam with the band

suruz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, so thanks to the amazing YWG, Jam with the Band is finally working on my R4!! WHOO
biggrin.gif

Anyway, the song selection that you begin with is a bit limited, so I was wondering if/how I could add custom songs??

I tried downloading from the Wi-Fi section in the game, but I dont think it works using a flashcard >: (As far as I know)

So could someone give any help/a tutorial on how to add those .bdx songs to my save please??? I have no idea where to start :wtf:

Any help would be appreciated
smile.gif

EDIT: Oh and I downloaded a tool called Degausser - but

1) Does it work with the english JWTB
2) How do I use it with my existing SAV?

(See the post below for an explanation)

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
suruz said:
EDIT: Oh and I downloaded a tool called Degausser - but

1) Does it work with the english JWTB
2) How do I use it with my existing SAV?
I'm not sure about the Degausser with JWTB. Try BDXTool from here. Once you get there, press ctrl + f and search for 'bdxtool'. Download the link that gets highlighted from that. When it's on your computer, double click it and you'll see a code. Copy that and put it in the thing under the link for bdxtool, and click get, it'll give you something else. Put it in the same directory as bdx tool, and then you'll be able to use it.

Afterwards, put all of your songs where you'll be able to find them.
Then open bdxtool and go to file>open sav and it'll let you pick your existing save. I haven't tried this with .nds.sav, so rename it to .sav for now. Now, click import and it's self explanatory from there.

It's a bit slower to use than the Degausser, but I think it's a bit better because the previews sound closer to the ingame quality and if you pick the wrong songs you can delete them from the save file.

Be warned, though. You can only place songs in the first 50 slots. Anything after the first 50 slots won't show up in the game.

Also, if a thing pops up saying something about no bdx chunk in save and asking if you want to continue, click yes. It'll add the songs to the save regardless of whatever it said it couldn't find.

Also, Japanese songs that have japanese lyrics and/or a japanese title will need to be fixed. Japanese characters can't show in JWTB. Tip: Just download the BDX mega pack from the JTWB discussion thread, I think most of the songs have translated names for convenience.

You COULD try the degausser to put songs into your custom song slots instead of download slots (you get 50 dl slots and 50 custom song slots), so you have 100 songs of your choice, but I don't know if it'll work.

suruz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks a lot! I used that bdxtool thing with my savefile and added about 25 songs and it worked perfectly! (Found some BDX-megapack somewhere, which is where I got the songs from
tongue.gif
)

The only thing is - the songs seem damn hard for a noob to the game like me! I think I just need practise though because I've been getting an 80+ score for songs I know or roughly know
tongue.gif

The karaoke thing said I was most suited to blues or something... o__O And i sang terribly on a song I didnt know, lol

EDIT:
QUOTE said:
Also, Japanese songs that have japanese lyrics and/or a japanese title will need to be fixed. Japanese characters can't show in JWTB. Tip: Just download the BDX mega pack from the JTWB discussion thread, I think most of the songs have translated names for convenience.

Ah yeah, that BDX mega pack was the one I used for the songs. But for any japanese songs, it shows weird symbols in the karaoke lyrics..

Not that I would try singing any japanese song, so it's fine xD

Inunah

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
suruz said:
Thanks a lot! I used that bdxtool thing with my savefile and added about 25 songs and it worked perfectly! (Found some BDX-megapack somewhere, which is where I got the songs from
tongue.gif
)

The only thing is - the songs seem damn hard for a noob to the game like me! I think I just need practise though because I've been getting an 80+ score for songs I know or roughly know
tongue.gif

The karaoke thing said I was most suited to blues or something... o__O And i sang terribly on a song I didnt know, lol

EDIT:
QUOTE said:

Ah yeah, that BDX mega pack was the one I used for the songs. But for any japanese songs, it shows weird symbols in the karaoke lyrics..

Not that I would try singing any japanese song, so it's fine xD
Well, i'm turning all Japanese lyrics into romaji for the songs i've got, if you're interested. I've just got Happy Material fixed up right now, but I'll be doing that for all the songs I have. :3

suruz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I've just got Happy Material fixed up right now

Yes pleaaase, I love that song :3 lol

Lemme know if you do any more as well

Oh and has anyone uploaded the downloadable songs from THIS game (the english version)?? All I could find was the Daigasso BBDX songs, along with the pre-loaded songs from this game.

suruz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
basher11 said:
i was the one who figured that out.

godamn Innuah

Figured what out? How to romanize the songs?

Btw thank god you can actually inject songs, I only like a few of the songs that come with the game >_>

Even so, I wouldnt mind getting the actual downloadable content for the english release. Baw... >:

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
Rubedo said:
Wait, BDX Tool can only load 50 songs on JWTB and not 100?

only 50. which sucks..

Ahaha, so finally I'll have an advantage by being a CycloDS user! I can have multiple saves accessable from the menu!
Either way, either BDX Tool or Degausser needs to be updated...

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rubedo said:
JwtB only has 50 download slots. It still has 100 custom slots, though.

QUOTE(Rubedo @ May 28 2010, 08:55 PM) Ahaha, so finally I'll have an advantage by being a CycloDS user! I can have multiple saves accessable from the menu!
Acekard users also have that advantage (maybe Wood R4 users too).

suruz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
logical thinker said:
Rubedo said:
JwtB only has 50 download slots. It still has 100 custom slots, though.

QUOTE(Rubedo @ May 28 2010, 08:55 PM) Ahaha, so finally I'll have an advantage by being a CycloDS user! I can have multiple saves accessable from the menu!
Acekard users also have that advantage (maybe Wood R4 users too).

Yep, Wood R4 has an option to to store multiple save files from the menu as well.

Although I dont really need to use it.. Meh, 50 slots is more than enough for me :/

Also, when I use bdxtool, all the songs go into my 'custom' slots anyway and not the d/l slots.

Not a huge problem, I'm just glad I can play them ;D

EDIT: No one has the eng downloadable songs in .bdx right?? I mean the ones for JWtB. Just checking
tongue.gif

Inunah

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
Rubedo said:

only 50. which sucks..
Well, if you can possibly use the Degausser, you can insert into your custom songs thing instead of download slots, letting you put up to 100 more songs in the game than BDXtool...

But I don't know if you can use the Degausser....

sword414

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Inunah said:
basher11 said:
Rubedo said:

only 50. which sucks..
Well, if you can possibly use the Degausser, you can insert into your custom songs thing instead of download slots, letting you put up to 100 more songs in the game than BDXtool...

But I don't know if you can use the Degausser....

degausser wont work. you have to use it with your old japanese 8mb sav and then run it on your flashcart with the automatic save detection so it gets converted to 32mb which would then work. You have to go through the tutorial and stuff though... EVERYTIME. which is why im still playing the japanese version.

suruz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm just using Jam with the Band, which runs flawlessly.. Jeez, do people really NEED 100 slots? If you want to play more songs that badly, just keep multiple saves?

I would rather have an english version with half the songs than a japanese version with more -___-

And I would love to add some romaji/romanized lyrics to songs myself, if only I knew how....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW +1