Gaming Just completed Chains of Olympus

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What a sweet game
smile.gif
Story was a bit meh but overall the gameplay warranted me enough to keep playing through the very end. Planning on buying the GoW Collection now, definately worth it right? What to you guys think? And is Chains of Olympus better than 1 and 2? I hope not lol.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No, CoO is by no means better than GoW or GoW2.....but make sure you finish it again on God Mode!

Of the GoW's you mention i felt GoW was the best one despite the improvements made in the second.

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
No, CoO is by no means better than GoW or GoW2.....but make sure you finish it again on God Mode!

Of the GoW's you mention i felt GoW was the best one despite the improvements made in the second.

Cool
smile.gif
I was considering God Mode but there's just too many awesome games for me to play right now lol. Tactics Ogre being one of them, and that game is EPIC in scale trust me.

Oh and I'm getting White Knight Chronicles in about 2 weeks, (as well as getting a job *hopefully*
biggrin.gif
) so I'd like to wrap up my other exams/games/tasks before that happens.

On topic though, I really didn't like the blandness of enemies and Quick time events in GoW, so that was a little dissapointing, especially since I played GoW3's demo the other day and was blown away. Ahh well.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
NiGHtS said:
Cool
smile.gif
I was considering God Mode but there's just too many awesome games for me to play right now lol. Tactics Ogre being one of them, and that game is EPIC in scale trust me.

C'mon It's merely 5 to 7 hours and it really makes the game much better.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played it a while ago (one of the first PSP games I played, actually) and it was a fun romp, if lacking on content. A fun romp but I wouldn't rank all that high on my list of best PSP games. There's just plenty of others with more content, more depth, and even more fun.

But you can at least play Ghost of Sparta, featuring the "Press X to Jason" alternative, "Press Down to Deimos".

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought Chains of Olympus was fun, but not nearly as well made as Ghost of Sparta. I also found Ghost of Sparta's story to be more involving. I mean, the final fights in that game are just incredible. Plus, it was more closely linked to the main story than CoO was. I'm sure it was because CoO was technically a prequel to the series though.

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
God of Wars been pissing me off lately -_-

I played god of war 1 after i bought the collection and it was alright. Too many annoying frustrating moments imo. And challenge of the gods is a big pile of ass that really needs too die.

Currently playing Ghost of Sparta which is SO much better.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The first God of War game is very challenging in a sometimes beyond frustrating way. Once you beat it once, it suddenly isn't so difficult, though the challenges are insane amounts of "wtf?!"

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
The first God of War game is very challenging in a sometimes beyond frustrating way. Once you beat it once, it suddenly isn't so difficult, though the challenges are insane amounts of "wtf?!"

Urgh definately.

I got up to challenge 7 where there were a load of medusas and soldiers after a whole hour and a half of grinding and then I just gave up and went for dinner. I actually felt so frustrated it put me off my food lol, and I love food.

It's just not worth the gold trophy.

Also something else thats annoying about the trophies: I'm only a few thousand red orbs off max upgrades. God dammit. And I missed one feather. You'd think they couldve somehow implemented a New Game+ or something to make life easier but it just seems so stupid to play through it all again for those two trophies.

Holified 2x

Trophies
Website
tezzytuffstufffind.squarespace.com
XP
Country
United States
NiGHtS said:
What a sweet game
smile.gif
Story was a bit meh but overall the gameplay warranted me enough to keep playing through the very end. Planning on buying the GoW Collection now, definately worth it right? What to you guys think? And is Chains of Olympus better than 1 and 2? I hope not lol.
Yes it is worth buying and GoW 1 and 2 story is much more appealing than the prequel .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It is really cool how they managed to do this. Hopefully we get a fully hacked XBox One by next... +1