Kidney Stones Part 2

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, a couple months ago, I posted that I was passing a stone and it turned out I really wasn't... Well, it turns out the stone was moving around and that was causing the pain 2 months ago... Now it's really coming out, I had a CT scan that confirmed it.

I've been passing this stone for 15 days now and I have been trying not to take the oxycodone because it's a narcotic and I don't want to get addicted, so I only take it when I am hurting really bad.

I went to the Urologist yesterday, and he said that if I don't pass the stone by Friday, I will have to get the stone taken out surgically.
unsure.gif

I am kind of scared to get that done, because they have to go up your pee hole, through the bladder and up the ureter to get the stone out.
frown.gif

Please cross your fingers that the stone passes by Friday and I don't have to get it removed surgically.

EDIT: Here is the original post if you're interested... Original Kidney Stone Post

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can drink alcohol, drink a bunch of beer so you'll be drunk and piss it out. You won't remember the pain that much, and the only negative is that you'll probably have a hangover.

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shakraka said:
If you can drink alcohol, drink a bunch of beer so you'll be drunk and piss it out. You won't remember the pain that much, and the only negative is that you'll probably have a hangover.

Haha, I don't think so... I am drinking tea, maybe the warm liquid will get it moving...

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My dad had kidney stones once. We didn't know what was wrong at the time, but after him puking everytime he ate anything for about 2 weeks, we finally got him to go to a doctor. If I remember right, the doctor said the kidney stones were too big to pass. He was put out and they used some kind of machine that throw sound waves or something broke the stones down so they could be passed. He was really sore afterwords though.

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, my doctor wants to surgically remove it... Which is going to be worse. Having it surgically removed has it's risks... I could end up with scarred tissue in my ureter, and that would pose some issues with urinating... I'm kind of scared about that.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I feel for you... Look at it this way; it could be worse. My father ended up having to go under surgery because his kidneys didn't just fill up with 1 stone... there were many. try to pass 20 stones and you'd die.

Good luck though, I hope you get well soon
smile.gif

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hankchill said:
I feel for you... Look at it this way; it could be worse. My father ended up having to go under surgery because his kidneys didn't just fill up with 1 stone... there were many. try to pass 20 stones and you'd die.

Good luck though, I hope you get well soon
smile.gif

Thank you Hank, I appreciate it... I am sorry to hear about your dad... I hope it turned out well for him.
smile.gif

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PizzaPasta said:
I hope you've learned your lesson about trying to drink stones.
lecture.gif

Haha... Well, unfortunately I never drank stones.... It's ball of calcium that is formed in the kidney. I didn't even know they existed until I was 17 and I had my first kidney stone.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouch! I thought having them for 3-4 days was bad... Maybe ask your Dr. for Tramadol. It is about the only non-narcotic pain reliever that has enough potency to relieve kidney stone pain.

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cracker said:
Ouch! I thought having them for 3-4 days was bad... Maybe ask your Dr. for Tramadol. It is about the only non-narcotic pain reliever that has enough potency to relieve kidney stone pain.

I should ask my doctor about that... Does it make you sleepy like narcotics? I have only been taking the narcotics once a day because I don't want to become a druggie... Haha.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joujoudoll said:
cracker said:

I should ask my doctor about that... Does it make you sleepy like narcotics? I have only been taking the narcotics once a day because I don't want to become a druggie... Haha.

No it doesn't.

I also just re-read what you said about drinking something warm like tea. DON'T drink tea... It actually can aid in helping stones form.

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cracker said:
Joujoudoll said:
cracker said:

No it doesn't.

I also just re-read what you said about drinking something warm like tea. DON'T drink tea... It actually can aid in helping stones form.

Well, I don't drink tea very often...
frown.gif

Maybe I'll have hot cocoa next time.... Haha. Oh wait... Chocolate is bad for kidney stones too... DAMMIT!

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i had a kidney stone aswell but instead of surgery i actually used the shockwave method which broke mine into smaller bits which i just had to pass out normally. It hurt as hell though the first couple of days...

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My doctor wants to do the surgery... I don't know why he would prefer that. Maybe less pain involved? I will be put out completely when they take the stone out...

The only way I will do the surgery is if they sedate me when they take the stint out.
frown.gif

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can understand you wanting to be knocked out. I had to have my foot operated on about 4 years back and I didn't want to be awake. I could have just been given a injection to numb the pain but I choose to be knocked out. Just being awake would have made me sqeamish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1