Hacking Korean Wii to 4.1U want to install USB Loader

macmel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As the topic says, I just bought a Wii which is a Korean version but region changed to 4.1U. I have modded a few US Wii version with Modmii. Just wanted to make sure which option I would choose in ModMii if I wanted to keep the 4.1U version. Should I choose U=USA as it is on 4.1U menu or should I choose K=KOREAN as the Wii is a Korean version?

It has the HBC already, all I wanted to install/use is CFG USB Loader. But I would probably need to load the cIOS to use a USB loader also. So this is the options I have chosen, is it correct?

*Current firmware is 4.1U
*Desired firmware is 4.1U

*Install and\or update recommended cIOSs
*Download Yet Another Wad Manager Mod (YAWMM)
*Install IOS236
*Install and\or update Priiloader
*USB-Loader Settings and config files saved to USB Hard Drive

Thank you in advanced...
MaCMeL

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
The System Menu and also the EEPROM itself has been modified to work as a US console. So you can call it now a US.

But still, do warn that do not install any official/stub IOS 60,70,80. If you do, 003 is the thing you will get.

Anyway, you should set your current firmware same what's your wii. then choose the desired firmware to 4.1. And there are missing on the installation and most important is, that's the region changer.

Also, you might not want to use any SDHC cards while modifying Wii. Softmod tools hates SDHC, specially MMM which is responsible for most of wad installations.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
As the topic says, I just bought a Wii which is a Korean version but region changed to 4.1U. I have modded a few US Wii version with Modmii. Just wanted to make sure which option I would choose in ModMii if I wanted to keep the 4.1U version. Should I choose U=USA as it is on 4.1U menu or should I choose K=KOREAN as the Wii is a Korean version?

It has the HBC already, all I wanted to install/use is CFG USB Loader. But I would probably need to load the cIOS to use a USB loader also. So this is the options I have chosen, is it correct?

*Current firmware is 4.1U
*Desired firmware is 4.1U

*Install andor update recommended cIOSs
*Download Yet Another Wad Manager Mod (YAWMM)
*Install IOS236
*Install andor update Priiloader
*USB-Loader Settings and config files saved to USB Hard Drive

Thank you in advanced...
MaCMeL
That is correct :D

Reactions: 1 person

macmel

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The System Menu and also the EEPROM itself has been modified to work as a US console. So you can call it now a US.

But still, do warn that do not install any official/stub IOS 60,70,80. If you do, 003 is the thing you will get.

Anyway, you should set your current firmware same what's your wii. then choose the desired firmware to 4.1. And there are missing on the installation and most important is, that's the region changer.

Also, you might not want to use any SDHC cards while modifying Wii. Softmod tools hates SDHC, specially MMM which is responsible for most of wad installations.

Hi,
Thank you for the reply, What do you mean by official/stub IOSs (not sure but I think I wont be getting those when I use ModMii?). Also to clarify that my Korean Wii is already region changed to 4.1U, do I still need to have the Any Region Changer?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The ModMii Wizard will not download anything dangerous, so you don't have to worry about stubs or 003 bricks when using ModMii.

Since your Wii is already region changed you do not need to use Any Region Changer (ARC) again. But don't worry, the ModMii Wizard guide wouldn't have told you to use ARC anyways, just follow the guide and you'll be fine :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A reminder that all corporations reported record profits these last few years?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint overreach"?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!
    Veho @ Veho: Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!