Hacking Left joycon not connecting when on switch itself

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took apart my switch to install a trinket. I've taken it apart several times since to make sure everything is connected properly and still wont recognize that the left joycon is connected. I'm not sure if its charging or not. I dont know how to tell right now.

Is it toast? Easy enough to to replace but what might be wrong?

Last edited by Kafluke,

Paffo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if the right joycon is not detected it means that the pin 10 is grounded. Basically is like you have the jig in all the time, either the trinket keeps it to ground, or you damaged something.

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the right joycon is not detected it means that the pin 10 is grounded. Basically is like you have the jig in all the time, either the trinket keeps it to ground, or you damaged something.
Hmmm. Possible I guess. I've taken the trinket out completely and cleaned up all the solder points. I dont use a jig as I have autoCRM enabled.

Paffo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The jig was an example, I've the reedswitch into the right joycon, and it does not get detected by the switch when the reed is excited.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Do you have another switch and/or left joycon to check which one is causing the problem. It sounds like something on the switch itself is broken, but it could also be just the joycon.

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My left joy con doesn't connect either but I think some pins in either the joycon or the rail are bent. If I bend the joycon towards me it connects but I can't hold it there and play. Maybe you have a similar issue?

Reactions: Uumas

Monkeydunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had this problem on a second hand switch I bought. The right Joycon wouldn't work when connected to the switch but worked fine wirelessly. I think it's down to the connectors not making a good contact as when I applied a piece of duct tape to the side of the switch just below where the rail ends, the joycon was more secure and it was recognised.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I found it funny cause many many years ago, had a roommate in college that did this same dumbass...