ROM Hack Legend of Zelda Spirit Track D-Pad Patch

Gsqa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also having the same issue where I can't patch the rom with xdelta, I'm assuming the only way to patch this is to disable checksum because this patch is based on an old and bad dump? Hopefully it works out.

Here's the MD5 for my rom: 13a9997a86e1f18ca3eec101ce0e5e2f

Edit: Ok so it seems like skipping the checksum works, you just use the argument -n on the command line version of xdelta
Code:
xdelta.exe -n -d -s rom.nds patch.xdelta output.nds
To get the patch to work

Last edited by Gsqa,

DottMark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can confirm, patching a EU rom for D-Pad support and playing it with them in Twilightmenu++ works. :yaynds:
Downloaded the files from the github source, added the mentioned required sources, also the rom without AP patch and ran the compile.bat from commandline.

Path for required sources:
Folder/unpack/input.nds
Folder/Folder/unpack/ndstool.exe
Folder/blz.exe
Folder/armpips.exe

Run in commandline.\compile.bat
Can you help? I did not get where i can find this ndstool.exe

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working, but it seems a lot of the game still requires the stylus such as moving blocks "rubbing" etc..

Last edited by Jayinem,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you help? I did not get where i can find this ndstool.exe
ndstool was bundled in with devkitpro as their tool to build nds roms from the constituent files, but also works on commercial games. The people behind devkitpro however seemingly decided to stop files from it being distributed and did their best to scrub the internet of such things.

It is just another ROM building tool so any that can do a full rebuild can get it done (crystaltile2, nitro explorer, tinke probably...) but might not play nicely with the batch file/you will have to edit the batch file or run the other steps manually.

There is an old version https://www.darkfader.net/ds/ but it did change its usage at one point so might not work for your batch file there.

Alternatively it is included with the likes of dsbuff and dslazy which act as frontends for it.

https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/793/

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done, it's just like the game is not working on desmume.
Idk if i've done something wrong.

You're going to have to explain in more detail. I'm playing it on desmume with the d-pad patch. Half way through the game.

You don't need ndstool if you're playing on desmume. Just the rom and patch with d-pad. That's all I did.

To troubleshoot take it one step at a time, if you're unable to apply the d-pad patch for some reason are you able to at least play the rom in Desmume without the patch?

Last edited by Jayinem,

DottMark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've found a compiled patch, i removed checksum from deltapatcher and i've got the game working, even that i invalidated checksum. Now it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Get you raspberry pi5, and you can play gamecube, wii, and ps2 games also. Those won't
  • T @ Texasauras:
    did you see them on google? preloaded rom consoles
  • T @ Texasauras:
    where is that which one is that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Those preloaded ones are junk. You can Google raspberry Pi and find where they are sold near you, or on amazon.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i don't think my parents will get me a pi
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can get older ones even like the pi 3,4 for cheap, but they don't play gamecube, Wii etc very well. Be warned they use a Linux os, which you need to load onto a micro SD card yourself. You can find pre built images like "retro-pie" online free tho which makes it easy to setup.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i don't have my own money
  • T @ Texasauras:
    mannn thats insane, mario on n64
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now you are 15, you can go get a real job, somewhat.
  • T @ Texasauras:
    its like $80 bro lmao
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i'm too young and stupid and i don't have time to work
  • T @ Texasauras:
    it runs on android os
  • T @ Texasauras:
    it looks dope
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get what you pay for. Go ahead and buy one those cheap Chinese units, you will see.
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro have you seen the gfuel instagram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Texasauras why did you start a thread, ignored all the answers there, then come here to chat and ask the same thing. You gotta be like 12, bro
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Biker Mice from Mars needed a Sequel, Angry Hamsters from Uranus
  • T @ Texasauras:
    uh bro i was just asking have you seen these, help me look
  • T @ Texasauras:
    its on amazon
    Download Batocera make it your own
    +1
    If you want GC PS2 Wii stuff like that use a PC
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also use my tv stick to watch YouTube and streaming services
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Psi those play well on the Pi5 now...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty yep that's what I use my stick for most anymore, streaming tv shows, movies. or even youtube. Or doing kens mum.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty yep that's what I use my stick for most anymore, streaming tv shows, movies. or even...