OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My buddy (who I just reflashed his system, made the thread the other day) has given up on waiting for Birth by Sleep to get cracked and intends to just buy the UMD himself.
Before he does though, I want to get something clarified, I'm hearing uncertainty and different answers.

He has the Custom Firmware. He will have the legit UMD. Will it or will it not still play.
I've heard some say it'll play. I've heard some say if he has CFW then it won't. I've heard some say it won't at all. Which is it.
frown.gif

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
As fas as I know, the AP of KH is a anti-memory card. Meaning, the game will not be played if it's beeing read in a memory card. So Im not too sure if it can be played on a CFW'd PSP. I still dont know the details but it might require you to update to the latest OFW

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard in the original BBS thread that if you run the ISO of it while having the UMD inside, it'll be able to run since it'll redirect the PSP to the UMD drive. So it should work and not force him to have to update his PSP.

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FullMetalMega said:
This confirms the UMD works with CFW.

No it doesn't, because the uploader himself says it doesn't work on his 5.50 Gen D3 and that he's using his 6.20 PSP 2000

He edited the video for some reason

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does MX have an Organization cloak when AtW says he made the clothes for the Nobodies?

And huh. I guess it does work without having to run the ISO at all.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, its true the UMD will not run on CFW GEN, or M33 unless you update to OF 6.20. We think the ISO isn't working because of the following.

1.It has a CFW check.
2.It blocks access to the MS until it saves, or beats a boss ect.
3.The game saves diffrently due to the need of OF 6.20.
4.Some files may be contained on the UMD, that are needed to play it.

We meaning the DEV's are working on it. So to play the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep UMD you need to update to OF 6.20. At least until we crack the AP.
happy.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
My buddy (who I just reflashed his system, made the thread the other day) has given up on waiting for Birth by Sleep to get cracked and intends to just buy the UMD himself.
Before he does though, I want to get something clarified, I'm hearing uncertainty and different answers.

Reference To Cracking the iso.

QUOTE(Chris_Skylock @ Jan 18 2010, 04:25 AM) As fas as I know, the AP of KH is a anti-memory card. Meaning, the game will not be played if it's beeing read in a memory card. So Im not too sure if it can be played on a CFW'd PSP. I still dont know the details but it might require you to update to the latest OFW

Meaning, the game will not be played if it's beeing read in a memory card. = ISO

No. Currently you can't play the iso, because....As, stated above it has AP.

FullMetalMega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kidisnice87 said:
FullMetalMega said:

No it doesn't, because the uploader himself says it doesn't work on his 5.50 Gen D3 and that he's using his 6.20 PSP 2000

Though I don't see where the uploader said that himself, but I do see where the edit was made now, thanks for clearing that up.

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FullMetalMega said:
kidisnice87 said:
FullMetalMega said:

Though I don't see where the uploader said that himself, but I do see where the edit was made now, thanks for clearing that up.

He says it on the comments of the video

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It will definately run, but before playing the game whatever FW you are on you would need to update to 6.20 and that will clear all traces of CFW so....once you update basically you can play BBS but ONLY BBS (you would need to start buying games from that point on if you wanna play other games)

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
fkw12 said:
so....once you update basically you can play BBS but ONLY BBS (you would need to start buying games from that point on if you wanna play other games)

I haven't been on the PSP scene for a while so I don't know if this has changed, but I believe you can always re-flash CFW back onto the PSP when you're done playing BBS. Nothing has changed (that I'm aware of) in 6.20 to prevent re-flashing CFW. EDIT: Referring to the Pandora method - I've only got the basic understanding of 3000/HEN CFW and concluded that I should just be happy with my PSP 2000.

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought that if you start up with a patched iso, you don't need to update. Also does anyone have the game so I can have some definitive answers. Sorry if I seem demanding, I just want to make sure before I order.

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Originality said:
fkw12 said:
so....once you update basically you can play BBS but ONLY BBS (you would need to start buying games from that point on if you wanna play other games)

I haven't been on the PSP scene for a while so I don't know if this has changed, but I believe you can always re-flash CFW back onto the PSP when you're done playing BBS. Nothing has changed (that I'm aware of) in 6.20 to prevent re-flashing CFW. EDIT: Referring to the Pandora method - I've only got the basic understanding of 3000/HEN CFW and concluded that I should just be happy with my PSP 2000.

yeah, you mentioned it at the end- if you own a psp 3k it's impossible to go back once you update your FW version above 5.03
...so basically, if you have a 3k, and you buy the BBS UMD, it will prompt you to update to 6.20 on start up (otherwise impossible to play) and once you cross that river, there aint no goin back. You need to buy games from that point on xD

If you are talkin 2K with earlier motherboards then yeah you can use the pandora to go back to earlier FW versions after updating but that means every time you pop in the BBS UMD you would have to update, and when you are done, pandora it back to your CFW version- that's tedious and time consumin

the best bet at the moment I believe is to either wait more for a workin ISO of BBS or go OFW full time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...