Translation List of English fantranslations and translation ports

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 350971
It would be too tiresome to implement any new scenario this way. You can edit script for simple stuff, but with more stuff it gets more annoying. Issue is only i don't understand how it switches between different file scripts. renamelists are built in pretty simple way, so there would be no issue with that. Issue is that with assembly one mismatched instruction can crash game or make it stuck. :P
Post automatically merged:

And to add on top of that - each NeXAS script contains graphics effects assembly after scenario assembly in one file. And I don't touch that. Adding new graphics effects to script is a completely unknown beast to me.

I have learned from 9-nine experience that porting shit from one engine to another is tiring on it's own even if you have access to decompiled scripts in Switch.
so in other words, it's impossible without reverse engineering the NeXAS Switch engine, so yeah that's gonna be a yikes from me dawg for the moment lol

What a shame.... oh well, I actually do plan on continuing back working on doing some Ren'Py stuff again but doing edits for the Switch versions of their games is hard as hell cuz the headers and the way it reads them are completely different than the outdated homebrew version of the engine and unlikely i'll never get my hands on a SDK version of it that has switch build functionalities...

kdw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
View attachment 350971
It would be too tiresome to implement any new scenario this way. You can edit script for simple stuff, but with more stuff it gets more annoying. Issue is only i don't understand how it switches between different file scripts. renamelists are built in pretty simple way, so there would be no issue with that. Issue is that with assembly one mismatched instruction can crash game or make it stuck. :P

And to add on top of that - each NeXAS script contains graphics effects assembly after scenario assembly in one file. And I don't touch that. Adding new graphics effects to script is a completely unknown beast to me.

I have learned from 9-nine experience that porting shit from one engine to another is tiring on it's own even if you have access to decompiled scripts in Switch.

If you plan one day on tackling this, the steam version of aonatsu line is interesting, it's using unity and it has all the nexas engine function reimplemented in c#.

there's a free trial version here https://steamdb.info/app/2185800/

Benjamh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It's possible to port the english translation of ys oath in felghana to the switch japanese release?

Chiika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a collection of tools somewhere for working on translations? I was able to extract data from a game, including the script files, but they are .DAT files and seem to have some sort of encryption.

Tsukinax256

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I ask for the same,
It's possible to port the english translation of ys oath in felghana to the switch japanese release?

please

Is there a collection of tools somewhere for working on translations? I was able to extract data from a game, including the script files, but they are .DAT files and seem to have some sort of encryption.
I'm really interested on how to extract theses files to put a translation too, there is A LOT of old otome games on switch that i don't see getting a localization where i could love to put a translation on 😢

Last edited by Tsukinax256,

kdw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Extension names don't provide any information about the file format.
There's alot of file format that use the .DAT it's impossible to recommend tools with only that information.

Just take a look at garbro supported formats alot of them use that extension
https://morkt.github.io/GARbro/supported.html

PrincessLisette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

blashy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey gang, I've been working on translating Natsumon 20th Century Summer Vacation, and I've made some pretty great progress (text showing in-game in English + character limit per entry bypassed), however, I'm realizing that I'm lacking the ability to change font/text size, if anyone has any experience in hacking UE4 games, lemme know!

Initial project release: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-natsumon-20th-century-my-summer-vacation-english-patch.639948/ @masagrator if you feel so inclined, could you put this under the WIP section of the OP? Thank you!

Last edited by blashy101,

elMamuton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Any plans to Port dragon Quest heroes translation? If someone tells me how to start doing it I can do this port.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone want to spend an hour or two translating Watermelon Game? 🍉🤣 It's Unity, mostly images with simple text, one text resource with a bunch of lines. The resource names basically give you the translations.

• Haha
Reactions: mathew77

blashy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2023101723254600_s.jpg

2023101723282000_s.jpg

2023101723321900_s.jpg

2023101316111600_s.jpg

Ouchi de Rilakkuma Rilakkuma ga Ouchi ni Yatte Kita English Patch in progress. No idea on ETA, soon-ish? Side project to let me procrastinate lmao

Attachments

• 2023101723282000_s.jpg
    2023101723282000_s.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 18

MamoruOkami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Me and my boyfriend have been playing a lot of Momotaro Dentetsu and Billion Road as of late, I even made a translation sheet of the Japanese exclusive Board Game for Momotaro Dentetsu, as well as making a Homebrew Expansion, adding 230 orso extra properties to the game!!

It got me wondering... Does anyone know if there's currently any plans to make a fan patch of the current switch game, or the upcoming Momotaro Dentetsu WORLD when it comes out in November?

I would LOVE to help out with making a Translation, if I knew how/had the tools to do so!! Please hmu on discord! My username is myutoto 😋👍💕

blashy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me and my boyfriend have been playing a lot of Momotaro Dentetsu and Billion Road as of late, I even made a translation sheet of the Japanese exclusive Board Game for Momotaro Dentetsu, as well as making a Homebrew Expansion, adding 230 orso extra properties to the game!!

It got me wondering... Does anyone know if there's currently any plans to make a fan patch of the current switch game, or the upcoming Momotaro Dentetsu WORLD when it comes out in November?

I would LOVE to help out with making a Translation, if I knew how/had the tools to do so!! Please hmu on discord! My username is myutoto 😋👍💕
Perhaps! I’d be interested to work on it, could you send me a link to the game so I can have a look at it?

elMamuton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How to Begin with a Port of oficial translations ?? What software do i have to use ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok