4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does anybody know where to find a Castlevania: POR save specifically where it is bound to freeze (or a save point near there, then instructions on how to get there), or could somebody please upload one. Preferably in 512kB .sav format. My search yielded no useful results.

Thanks

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Woops. Guess I forgot to mention that. I'm testing some of my cards to see whether it will freeze, and the frequency of the crashes.

WigWrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just play the game for about 15-20 minutes. Once you get to the first Warp point (Huge floating stone with green/yellow flashing) press up and see if it crashes. You will see "Entrance" on your top screen and because you have not accessed any other warp points you will only see one blue square highlighted on the map on the bottom screen. If it freezes you will still see picture on both screens and hear music but you will not be able to move the character. The intro video may also play at a choppy framerate or freeze indefinantly. Amongst the cards you are testing, the ones with the lowest access times "latency" will play the game with no problems. Anything under 1.0m/s should play the game perfectly. (My PNY card has a 0.7m/s latency time and the game works without a hitch.)

Here is my save though for you to try out. It's pretty far into the game. Just find any room with a blue square on the map on the top screen) This is a warp point. Try using it a few times and see if you card(s) crash.
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (R4DS).sav

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for that save.

There was also something about "the wind", and spamming a monk or shop. Or spamming controls. Does anybody know where this stuff is
smile.gif

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for that save.

There was also something about "the wind", and spamming a monk or shop. Or spamming controls. Does anybody know where this stuff is
smile.gif

Wind is a ghost and the monk sells stuff. All located at the same place, the shop. It's in the mid/left part in the beginning of the game. Or you can play from the start for about 6min and you will end up there as well.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I take it, if you avoid spamming start/actions at those two locations, the game will be less likely the freeze there? I have not experienced a freeze yet on my M3 Lite
smile.gif

fli_guy84

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
In my case, I didn't encounter any freezes when using warp points or talking to Wind. It happens when I spam the sub weapon Javelin to master it.

Although it didn't happen every time, I managed to get PoR to freeze like 3-4 times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgtO5sebA9U