Hacking Mario Kart Wii CD Bannerbrick!

Yyhhggtt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
! My Mario Kart Wii DVD disk is bannerbricking my Wii, I think that the Banner on the DVD became corrupted on the CD... It started happening ever since I used Wiixplorer r93 DVD reading... BTW its a 110% legit CD... i bought it...

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it really doesn't matter if you bought the game or if you used wiixplorer or what. a banner brick is a banner brick. fix it just like any other.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Honestly...how can an App fu** up an Retail Game? It has no writing rights, the Drive even can't write, so it can't write anything to the Disc, and therefore, nothing can get corrupted...or am I missing something? This sounds like an interesting Problem, and I would love to hear the opinion of some "Cracks" on this...

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Honestly...how can an App fu** up an Retail Game? It has no writing rights, the Drive even can't write, so it can't write anything to the Disc, and therefore, nothing can get corrupted...or am I missing something? This sounds like an interesting Problem, and I would love to hear the opinion of some "Cracks" on this...
I blame magic.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
There's no way you've corrupted the information on the disc itself.
Sure there is, if he scratched the thing to the point where only some of the data can be read correctly.

As for having a retail disc cause a banner brick when inserted...first I've heard of it.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
techboy said:
QUOTE said:
There's no way you've corrupted the information on the disc itself.
Sure there is, if he scratched the thing to the point where only some of the data can be read correctly.

but wouldnt that be unreadable data not corrupted e.g the banner would not even show, corrupted would mean where there was a change it data to a malforded state

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The data is changed, likely to whatever it thought it read or to some filler like 00 or ff. Regardless, the banner is obviously screwed.

Try another MKWii disc and see if it happens. If it does not, you have a retail coaster. If it does, its the software on the wii.

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to go ahead and ask the question we're all wondering...

Which was it, a CD or a DVD? You use the two like they're interchangable.

Yyhhggtt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, ever since i used wiixplorer rev 93, i decided to use the DVD reading skills on my Mario Kart Wii DVD, ever since that, on the system menu, when the Disk reads, it hangs the wii, animations still go, but everything else hangs, any help? it dose it with every game too....

Yyhhggtt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just found out the problem, Priiloader 0.3b is it, once I uninstalled it, everything else worked. Well I guess this thread was unnessary...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to