Hacking Mario Kart Wii H: Hot & Juicy Details

robal12345

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I suspect the way some of these tracks have been set up will result in freezes upon loading. For instance, I've never seen GBA Cheep Cheep Island ever load successfully if it's not placed at GBA Shy Guy Beach. It always freezes. Same goes for Lava Canyon (what's that doing in there anyway? It doesn't even have solid walls!)

Chadderz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.chadsoft.co.uk
XP
Country
Well it's nice to see you're trying to make a full custom game for people to easily download. The one thing I would say is that it would probably be better if you obeyed the track placements suggested in the video here:

If you don't we run the risk of there being two sets of course configurations, and then when people come to play online, there will be lots of synchronisation issues, and since our one is the one already in use, it makes sense to stick with it. Also as my dear brother says, certain courses don't work in certain positions, you cannot just replace them as you wish.

Thanks for adding in credits as well, although not required by any agreement, it's always nice when you work hard on something that people recognise your contribution
wink.gif

Edit: Also, I suggest you edit the common.bmg files in the Scene\UI directories to make the menu text more appropriate (if you haven't already)

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not good enough to put the credits INSIDE the patch. You need to specify your source in the thread. Not only does this give proper credit to the ACTUAL authors of the tracks, it doesn't confuse users who might think that these are 2 different hacks (like me).

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
metroid4life14 said:
It's not good enough to put the credits INSIDE the patch. You need to specify your source in the thread. Not only does this give proper credit to the ACTUAL authors of the tracks, it doesn't confuse users who might think that these are 2 different hacks (like me).

You mean like i said in my post on the previous page(post 41)

Go figure.....

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
metroid4life14 said:

You mean like i said in my post on the previous page(post 41)

Go figure.....
Seeing as he has yet to take your advice, I don't think it'll hurt to reiterate the advice... But I probably should have given you proper credit for the idea
tongue.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
lol no need for credit me, dont be silly lol, the track/mod aurthers should be mentioned in the OP but as you said he hasnt taken any advice from anyone whos mentioned it

stikboy73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has anyone got this to work? I have tried every ips patcher I have found and used Windows 7 and XP and nothing. The patcher says it works and then the ISO is unrecognized. I have also used my own dump of the game, the wbfs ISO and a full ISO that I downloaded. Where am I going wrong here?

IAmError

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mariobros1 said:
Just patch the game yourself if you wanna play these...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpBuGs3GSc...feature=related
That has the tracks there and the instructions,
BTW this is already out of date and has not got all the CT's so its not really worth it at all.

I don't think this is without value. The current method of using these tracks is time consuming. The patches in the SZS modifier aren't clearly labeled. Some of them don't even say which file to patch. When you find what you think you want, you have to pull the file out of the ISO with WiiScrubber, open it in SZS Modifier, patch, save, back to WiiScrubber and replace the file, and recreate a new ISO after each new set of patches that you want to use. I don't have time for all of that. I was excited about this patch because someone has already done all of the tedious work for me. All I have to do is apply one patch to the ISO, and I'm off.

I played a few of the new tracks, and they were all fun. I can't wait to play some more. I'm excited about where this project will go. Thanks to everyone who is involved.

Having said all that, I think dude should have given credit to those who made the tracks. However, I don't think he was trying to take credit for the tracks, just for the patch. Too bad it doesn't work.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
OP
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Chadderz said:
Well it's nice to see you're trying to make a full custom game for people to easily download. The one thing I would say is that it would probably be better if you obeyed the track placements suggested in the video here:

If you don't we run the risk of there being two sets of course configurations, and then when people come to play online, there will be lots of synchronisation issues, and since our one is the one already in use, it makes sense to stick with it. Also as my dear brother says, certain courses don't work in certain positions, you cannot just replace them as you wish.

Thanks for adding in credits as well, although not required by any agreement, it's always nice when you work hard on something that people recognise your contribution
wink.gif

Edit: Also, I suggest you edit the common.bmg files in the Scene\UI directories to make the menu text more appropriate (if you haven't already)

Why, thank you. I will try those 2 tricks.
Also, thanks for the great app and servers!!!!!!
bow.gif

BTW I would also like to know if anyone has gotten this to work yet. Is there any method that should work better? My ISO (RMCH01) works just as fine as the original (RMCE01), but I have yet to try the patch. Also, I plan to have the TitleID changed to MKWH01 for Beta 0.3, but I want the patch fixed first!
dry.gif

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
OP
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
mariobros1 said:
BTW this is already out of date and has not got all the CT's so its not really worth it at all.

OK, 3 things.

1. I will honor the CTGP order later, definitely by the full release.
2. I don't want any cups with some custom and some original tracks, and last time I checked (Saturday afternoon) there's not enough for a full cup. [/joke]
3. SOME people don't have the time to go and replace 40+ (going to be 200 to 300+) files in WiiScrubber, and they just want 1 PATCH that WORKS, no questions asked. And YES, I am working on fixing it. I am open to ideas!

Sorry for the triple post!

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, this is brilliant, I didn't even realise custom tracks had been made yet, the last i had checked was hen texture hacking MKW was the only thing possible.

It would be awesome if you there was someway to rip all the tracks out any MK game and shove it in, i think that a lot of the tracks in the new one are a bit lame, including the retro ones....there are some awesome ones they missed out.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
OP
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
OK, people. I have officially squashed the "oh, **** this, it doesn't work" bug. I just found out about the size limit on IPS patches. UPS sounds like a much better solution, and from what I can gather, it works with ANY filesize. FROM NOW ON, THE PATCH IS UPS!

mariobros1

Trophies
Website
mariouniverse.co.cc
XP
Country
IAmError said:
mariobros1 said:

I don't think this is without value. The current method of using these tracks is time consuming. The patches in the SZS modifier aren't clearly labeled. Some of them don't even say which file to patch. When you find what you think you want, you have to pull the file out of the ISO with WiiScrubber, open it in SZS Modifier, patch, save, back to WiiScrubber and replace the file, and recreate a new ISO after each new set of patches that you want to use. I don't have time for all of that. I was excited about this patch because someone has already done all of the tedious work for me. All I have to do is apply one patch to the ISO, and I'm off.

I played a few of the new tracks, and they were all fun. I can't wait to play some more. I'm excited about where this project will go. Thanks to everyone who is involved.

Having said all that, I think dude should have given credit to those who made the tracks. However, I don't think he was trying to take credit for the tracks, just for the patch. Too bad it doesn't work.
yeah I see you're point and yes its quite confusing and takes a while,
But people who use this will not be able to participate in CTGP's because they are all messed up and only half are there.
Plus there are new tracks being added regularly.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
OK, people. I have officially squashed the "oh, **** this, it doesn't work" bug. I just found out about the size limit on IPS patches. UPS sounds like a much better solution, and from what I can gather, it works with ANY filesize. FROM NOW ON, THE PATCH IS UPS!
Can you recommend an UPS Patcher in your first post?
I can't find one via Google.

I think I've found one.
http://byuu.org/programming/
tsukuyomi v0.01

Edit: Nope. Can't get it to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: