Homebrew Merry Christmas - Have some RAM Dumping!

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That might be mostly right, but then we should halt all the homebrew/jailbreak scenes, since code executing inevitably leads to piracy.

ha ha i want homebrew....so i can have emulators and warez through homebrew, hoping for 3d emulators some day,for all the 3d classics nintendo wil never release anyways

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is delightful for happening working towards homebrew, and making the system region free without the need for a gateway or gateway knock off. Can't wait to see what homebrew devs do when they get the system more open. :) I look forward to any fan transations or games popping up <3

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is delightful for happening working towards homebrew, and making the system region free without the need for a gateway or gateway knock off. Can't wait to see what homebrew devs do when they get the system more open. :) I look forward to any fan transations or games popping up <3

Indeed, things are starting to look up :D

TopKek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So I would like to just post that I am on 4.5. To get this to work I had to:
1. Install the Gateway DS profile exploit.
2. Launch the Gateway emuNand once for good measure, restart.
3. Install the ROPLoader exploit (just installing it on a fresh formatted system would not work).
4. Put in a fresh formatted SD card with the ROPLoader Launcher.dat and perform the DS profile exploit.

And that worked, and dumped 0x300000 bytes of RAM to my SD card. The settings app will say then that "something went wrong" and shut down my 3DS. I am assuming that there should be more memory dumped.

When done, I had to do a system format because I couldn't launch DS games any more to reinstall the regular Gateway DS profile exploit.

fierce waffle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3. Install the ROPLoader exploit (just installing it on a fresh formatted system would not work).
4. Fresh formatted SD card with the ROPLoader Launcher.dat

And that worked, and dumped 0x300000 bytes of RAM to my SD card. The settings app will say then that "something went wrong" and shut down my 3DS. I am assuming that there should be more memory dumped.

When done, I had to do a system format because I couldn't launch DS games any more to reinstall the regular Gateway DS profile exploit.
I was running EmuNAND before developing this. All I had to do was install my ROPloader and launch the system settings exploit. Mine still plays DS games

for those of you who don't know how to read, this does not work with Gateway's ROP loader. You have to use ours

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
4. Put in a fresh formatted SD card with the ROPLoader Launcher.dat and perform the DS profile exploit.

I just got it to work as well on my 4.5 system. This was right after a reformat. I got about 3 MBs of RAM (same as you).

Edit: waffle, I'm using your loader.

TopKek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I was running EmuNAND before developing this. All I had to do was install my ROPloader and launch the system settings exploit. Mine still plays DS games
I am just saying that your ROPLoader installer will say that verification failed every time on a fresh formatted (no exploit installed ever) system unless I have the Gateway exploit installed first, then it will pass verification and work.

What about the RAM, is there supposed to be more written to DUMP.BIN or is 0x300000 bytes it?

fierce waffle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got it to work as well on my 4.5 system. This was right after a reformat. I got about 3 MBs of RAM (same as you).

Edit: waffle, I'm using your loader.
It's dumping from 0x00100000 and I believe it dumps 0x00300000 bytes from RAM(iirc, since I'm not home)

I am just saying that your ROPLoader installer will say that verification failed every time on a fresh formatted (no exploit installed ever) system unless I have the Gateway exploit installed first, then it will pass verification and work.

What about the RAM, is there supposed to be more written to DUMP.BIN or is 0x300000 bytes it?
You're correct, that's all being dumped in this release.

PedroDJavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey man. Can you adapt the ram dumper to 4.4 and 4.5 ? Thank you and your team very much, this is a very useful aplication. With the exception of ds glitches and the no compatibility but it allow us to make a homebrew launcher (or a warez launcher :D)

fierce waffle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man. Can you adapt the ram dumper to 4.4 and 4.5 ? Thank you and your team very much, this is a very useful aplication. With the exception of ds glitches and the no compatibility but it allow us to make a homebrew launcher (or a warez launcher :D)

It works on 4.4 and 4.5

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread proves otherwise; piracy is not a detriment to sales nor leads to the cessation of game development

http://gbatemp.net/threads/piracy-common-myths.344858/

Case in point, people are whiny about piracy and need to leave this thread. Piracy never has killed a game system or its games in all history of gaming.

EDIT: I can't figure out how to get the quote to work right with the second half of the post since it only seems to quote the first half. (The second half was the one that had the pertinent info i was attempting to address).

Your post is technically incorrect since pirated N-Gage games were very much available during the consoles lifetime. The system used MMC cards so you could just buy a blank one and use an SD reader to write a game to it. Although I do agree with the part about piracy not being the reason for it's downfall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...