carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
kryptonianpimp said:
Also PM me if you want me to make PAL, NTSC-J, or NTSC-U System Channels! send me the original wad too!
Great work! I'm interessted in this... Could you maybe write a little tutorial, it would be awsome ? Because I don't want to piss you off sending wad of all PAL system channel
wink.gif

Great work

kryptonianpimp

OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
How was it Done?
1: Download Television Friend Channel (J)
2: Download BFGR's WAD Tools
3: Download Waninkoko's WAD Creator
--------
4: Launch Waninkoko's WAD Creator on your Wii
5: Create A Wad, Must be a "HIDDEN CHANNEL/TITLE"
6: Unpack it using wadunpacker.exe - Use in Windows CMD Prompt
7: Unpack the Television Friend Channel as well
8: pull all the ".APP" Files From The Wad you Made and extracted and put it into the TVFC Extract folder
9: Then put files "wadpacker.exe", "cygrycpto-0.9.8.dll", "cygwin1.dll", and "common-key.bin" (if one present) into the TVFC Folder and type into the cmd prompt
Code:
wadpacker 0001000148424e4a.tik 0001000148424e4a.tmd 0001000148424e4a.cert new.wad
then there will be a wad called "new.wad" and then open and use wadder 2.7.3 and modify it to have a different NAME and ID - This is required!

Enjoy, Post your probs here

thanks for your help!

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Eh, couldn't you just change the Title ID in the TMD for each channel, and repack? Seems much simpler, and certainly a bit more legal. Using those WAD tools alters the Title Key of the WAD as well.

In the TMD of the Mii Channel, at 0x18C should be the Title ID. Changing a single byte should initiate the change. If you know where to look, you could probably do this to the WAD itself.

I don't know what this would alter as far as signatures/signing goes, but it shouldn't be needing trucha or any of that business.

kytran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so to get this straight, you can install mii channel.wad that you made , and then it will allow me to erase it off the main channels?

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
kytran said:
so to get this straight, you can install mii channel.wad that you made , and then it will allow me to erase it off the main channels?

You will have to erase the original with something like AnyTitle Deleter. This acts as a separate channel, which is allowed to move to the SD card.

Hrm, something like a Preloader menu hack to enable all Title IDs to transfer would be nice...

kytran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ahh ok i get it. pretty much make the main console blank, and if you want to use the mii channel and all just well go to the SD slot. Nice dude pretty sweet idea

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1