OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
504x_codmw_wii.jpg

Wii owners will be getting their own Modern Warfare fix this fall, as Activision will be releasing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for Nintendo's best-selling platform in November alongside the release of Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will be a port of Infinity Ward's blockbuster hit Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, originally released in 2007 on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. The Wii version of that game is planned to arrive on November 10 of this year, the same day that Modern Warfare 2 ships to retail.

Activision is expected to announce the Wii port of the original Modern Warfare tomorrow. Call of Duty: World At War developer Treyarch will be handling development duties on the port.

I can't count how many times I've heard Wii owners bitching for a dumb down port on MW2. Well at least they'll get the first game in the series. For some reason I dont think too many people will be happy about this news. I thinks its more of a slap in the face then a gift. Opinions?
Source

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thats good there even porting it.
biggrin.gif
Like seriously I want to play it with my wiimote. Its actually pretty fun. Even with not so good graphics.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
don't own a Wii, but many ppl i know went for a Wii due to BOTH its reliability and price (something that the 360 and PS3 dont have)

so if i were a Wii owner, i wouldn't actually mind this at all
happy.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't kept up to date about this game at all. Is there going to be online multiplayer for the one coming out for Wii?

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
I haven't kept up to date about this game at all. Is there going to be online multiplayer for the one coming out for Wii?
No one knows yet. Most likely yes since World At War had online.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most probably it will. If it doesnt im not gettin it. hope it has more multiplayer maps included. to make up being two years late. but most likley no.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean that they think that modern warfare is better than number 2 or they just don't want to put the effort into putting in the wii this late in production anyway seems lazy to me.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IchigoSJ said:
Does this mean that they think that modern warfare is better than number 2 or they just don't want to put the effort into putting in the wii this late in production anyway seems lazy to me.
Because they're trying to make as much money as possible. If they would have put out the second first that pretty much meant you couldn't release the first since it will be an inferior game due to the series evolving. By doing this they can release both and get all the money they can.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm hoping this game has online and Motion Plus'able controls. Even if it didn't allow Motion Plus but has online and is as good as World at War's online for Wii, I'll probably buy it.. damn I'm so short on cash now.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me World At War is the best FPS on the Wii (and again I must say Metroid Prime 3 doesn't count thats a first person adventure game). There were some issues that could be fixed in that game like slow loading, some slowdown when things got busy. Also the lack of DLC hurt it too, Wii owners like zombies too.

Unless there is anything new in the title I cant say I'll play it for any other reason other than out of curiosity seeing that I can play the PC game whenever. I really hope that its been in development for long for those who'll only ever have a Wii, I'd hate it to be a quick and dirty cheap port.

Seeing that its a port of an three year old game I reckon it should be sold at a budget price if its nothing but a downsize port but seeing this is Activision it'll probably cost £59.99 over here.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They better keep that splendid multiplayer in tact, if they dumb it down, I'm gonna go freaking crazy.
Keep all the ranks, challenges and weapons and do not dumb it down!
Also, Treyarch? Don't know, there work is also way worse then the work of IW.
WaW was enjoyable, but I expect this to be way better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    man now I want some weed
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Thanks ken
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Great game. But I'd buy it straight up before paying for prime. Unless you order something everyday from amazon, not worth it imo
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm one of those people that Amazon loses money on the Prime subscription with
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I abuse the fuck out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Prime says I've already saved $400 this year lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where do you see how much you've saved?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Under orders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    See maybe good for you guys, but I don't hardly ever order from amazon, maybe only couple times a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Primes great because I stopped getting into arguments with the door greeter at Walmart
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahahaha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They see me so much in there they don't even ask for me receipt anymore tbh
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Pain in the ass, don't see it anywhere on the desktop site, had to pull it up on my phone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think they gave up on the website and mainly focus on the app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Desktop site > mobile site > mobile app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Mobile app is such absolute dogshit, I haven't used it in SO long
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah mobile versions better people don't think about how apps are just shrunken down websites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be the phone connection etc I've mostly been fine with the app
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Regardless fuck bezos
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Agreed. Crazy how both seeking a job at Amazon, and subsequently quitting Amazon, are both some of the best decisions I've ever made
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did someone loose a leg? You're fired