DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the in-game text reader already stresses the Cyclo's stability too much, there's no way that there can be enough system memory for an MP3 player in game.
And just a note: The text reader isn't really breakthrough technology, the Supercard had it before the Cyclo although neither's is very good.

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
They squeeze every last memory to made it able to display text file, I don't thing they can get anymore out of it. Unless CycloDS comes with a Secret build-in Quad-core CPU at first place....

XeroRestraint

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think they're just going to port XBox Media Center to the DS and add support to run XBMC in-game in either P-in-P (windowed) or translucent overlay mode. I mean, why stop at *just* MP3's?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS has no underlying operating system, so you can't run both a DS game and an mp3 player application at the same time. The only way this would be possible would be to somehow patch the game to add the music file (after converting it to something the DS game can understand), though I highly doubt this is possible.

Keep in mind that decoding a single low-bitrate mp3 file takes the full power of the ARM7. The DS isn't the beefiest of machines after all.

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It can't be done.

The DS has one processor with 66Mhz of power, and one with 33Mhz. It requires about 70Mhz (from what I've heard) to play an MP3 file.

Can you see the problem? There is simply not enough power in the DS's processors to play the game and an MP3 at the same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wut