genuisgeek

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my point is that is there a way to not have a same folder name conflict when using homebrew apps that use the name "data" as a root directory folder such as bunjaloo, DSAIM, jabberds, etc.
it seems to be in the way of using them cuz they all contain different files.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're missing the point of the "data" folder, as its aim is to have as many homebrew programs as possible use it. The files should be stored in "\data\APP_NAME\", not just the DATA folder itself. This lets you de-clutter the root of your hard drive by having several programs that all use the DATA folder for storing settings.

My DATA folder contains 8 subfolders: amplituds, bunjalloo, dsaim, fonts, httpexec, logs, pocketphysics, and settings.

Granted, it would be better if "fonts" and "logs" and "settings" were yet another folder deep so that I knew which app they belonged to (in this case, ReadMore and DSFTP), but the point is that the apps can co-exist just fine.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, subfolders are the way it's supposed to be used. The application will probably fail if it doesn't find it in the exact spot it expects.

If you're curious, the "DSOrganize" folder can also be placed in the DATA folder if you want to de-clutter the root of your card a bit more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Do rappers rap like Dr. Seuss to sell novels