Hacking My System menu 4.0 install guide

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fukseliten said:
I installed 4.0 with waninkokos installers , thereby keeping my old modified IOS files . I have cios rev.08 installed so I installed the menuupdate from page one . This means Im supposed to have what you say , but my gh discs still wont boot ,and my multigame isos wont boot either .

please remove your "Retaining all functions" sentence BECAUSE ITS A LIE . If it really retained all functions my gh customs and multiimage discs (probably trucha signed) would still work from disc channel . and they dont...............

It's stated many times in many threads that things like cioscorp an Co. are using a changed DIP module.
So loading from disc channel of course won't work till a fix... Just use the normal method to launch ur copies...

xergal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey chaps. Kinda confused here, sorry if it's totally n00b1e.

I've installed cIOS36_rev8, then tried running the 4.0 hacktools, following the guide to the word. Everytime, after running it I get to content 15/15 ID0000000e...Done and then nothing else? It just sits there, I don't get the next option. Anyone know why and how to get past this?

I'm running 3.2.

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xergal said:

I've installed cIOS36_rev8, then tried running the 4.0 hacktools, following the guide to the word. Everytime, after running it I get to content 15/15 ID0000000e...Done and then nothing else? It just sits there, I don't get the next option. Anyone know why and how to get past this?

I'm running 3.2.

Maybe keep trying I had to keep trying to get the updated shop channel for like a half hour because it kept bombing on the http tcp timeouts

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
--=ZerO=-- said:
fukseliten said:
I installed 4.0 with waninkokos installers , thereby keeping my old modified IOS files . I have cios rev.08 installed so I installed the menuupdate from page one . This means Im supposed to have what you say , but my gh discs still wont boot ,and my multigame isos wont boot either .

please remove your "Retaining all functions" sentence BECAUSE ITS A LIE . If it really retained all functions my gh customs and multiimage discs (probably trucha signed) would still work from disc channel . and they dont...............

It's stated many times in many threads that things like cioscorp an Co. are using a changed DIP module.
So loading from disc channel of course won't work till a fix... Just use the normal method to launch ur copies...

Nope , cause I have a modchip and have therefore ALWAYS USED DISC channel to load my GH3 customs , hence "keeping everything" as stated in topic is wrong

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
timtlm said:
So, it doesn't ask me "do you want to patch IOS60?"

It just asks me if I want to install the shop channel after IOS60 installs.

What do I do?

OK, so i needed to press A to hash check before IOS60 is downloaded and installed. Worked after I did that.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fukseliten said:
--=ZerO=-- said:
fukseliten said:

Nope , cause I have a modchip and have therefore ALWAYS USED DISC channel to load my GH3 customs , hence "keeping everything" as stated in topic is wrong

sorry, thought u're a softmod user.

VivaTheSaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just made my day. Thank you very much
Just asking, what would happen if I accepted to download and patch IOS61? Running a NTSC Wii if the region matters. Everything seems to work, copied EarthBound to the SD Card Menu, it works, so I don't think it affected that
moogle.gif

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is it safe to install the latest shop channel? I've read that it is a US version of it and my Wii is NTSC-U. So should I install it?
Also, is it okay for me to use the IOS249 rev7 that was installed from Wiigator's backup launcher Gamma?

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so here's my report:
WiiKey v1
3.2U
Installed CIOS rev8
Installed IOS60 using this installer
Installed 4.0 through the wii menu.

All my legal and illegal wads still on my wii and still work. Wad manager installs wads successfully to system menu. I can transfer my channels over to the SD card and they work from the SD channel. My backups are working just fine through the disc channel. My PAL backups work just fine through the disc channel. BUT my guitar hero custom discs do not work through the disc channel AND they do not work through GeckoOS either. I have GeckoOS v1.07b with the 002 fix.

xergal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
muzz said:
xergal said:

I'm running 3.2.

Maybe keep trying I had to keep trying to get the updated shop channel for like a half hour because it kept bombing on the http tcp timeouts

I've tried a good ten times now, sticks on the final step every time. It's very odd:)

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
fukseliten said:
Even with that installer and waninkokos 4.0 updater you wont be able to play multigame discs from disc channel or use gh customs(with modchipped Wii , that is. I know that it doesnt work for softmodders).

On a different note , can I just use anyregionchanger´s downgrade feature to get back on 3.2 after installing this or do I have to use cios downgrader?

QUOTE(callmebob @ Mar 27 2009, 12:48 AM)
mad.gif
Damn!

moogle.gif
OP should make clear THIS KILLS TRUCHA SIGNER.

The SD card bit works great, but the trade off is costly.

I suggest waiting. Hopefully a better solution arises.

They should at least state that it kills trucha from disc channel for modchip users

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep hearing reports of Disc channel loading with System Menu 4.0 How is this possible, honestly the only things I want are these...

- SDHC and SD card loading support (Obviously from Menu 4.0)

- Wad Manager Support

-Backup support with Disc Channel loading

Is there any way of having these and will I lose my Region Free in the process?
frown.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the disc channel to load if you use waninko's menupatcher, but it's something that has to be run each time (basically patches the menu in memory which disappears when you restart).

If you have a modchip you'll still have region free, if you only had softmod you won't have region free from disc channel because you don't have starfall or preloader. You can still have region free from geckos and backup launcher.

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zaiga said:
Is it safe to install the latest shop channel? I've read that it is a US version of it and my Wii is NTSC-U. So should I install it?
Also, is it okay for me to use the IOS249 rev7 that was installed from Wiigator's backup launcher Gamma?

I'm on 3.2U with preloader, updated Shop Channel with cIOSrev8 and USB2.0v2, I've had no problems

Daileon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
DarkLG said:
Is there any way to get the sd menu function without needing to update to 4.0???

No.

A friend of mine is having problem with Virtual Console WADs, while the WiiWare work sweet. Somebody have a clue about why?

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
Is there any way to get the sd menu function without needing to update to 4.0???

I was thinking about this earlier. I'm too stupid to know how but maybe if someone dissected the new sysmenu and found the bits that allow it the 3.2sysmenu could be replaced with those bits? I haven't heard it being possible yet.

EDIT: That sounds equally stupid
smile.gif
It'd probably act like a corrupted sysmenu

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works as advertised in the OP:

*Upgraded flawlessly by following the idiot-proof instructions.
*Gamma Loader works.
*Shop Channel works.
*Can copy to and from SD Channel with no hiccups (WiiWare & VC).

Basically, great post--thanks a bunch!

Edit: Starfall does not work!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +2
  • VXNlcm5hbWU @ VXNlcm5hbWU:
    Just had a pure banger of a sandwich there, was very nice
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what do you call a dog with no legs?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    A hot dog?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    doesn't matter what you call it, it won't come
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm having mince beef burgers with flat cheese and tomato sauce.
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: