ROM Hack Nanashi no Game

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You
Just beat it and man was that freaky. but what happens if you don't get the in game items? When I found the first one I figured it was important so I made sure I got one in every area.
just get the regular ending, much the same but no email after. There are a couple of other differences, but I don't recall them at the moment.

Edit: there, it's all in a spoiler. :P

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You
Just beat it and man was that freaky. but what happens if you don't get the in game items? When I found the first one I figured it was important so I made sure I got one in every area.
just get the regular ending, much the same but no email after. There are a couple of other differences, but I don't recall them at the moment.

Edit: there, it's all in a spoiler. :P
Well at least I won't need to replay it anytime soon then. It's a great game and I commend square-enix for funding a unique game like this.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
About the secret word:
Also, as pointed out earlier in the thread, the secret word is "CURSED". You can input this at the name input screen when you start a new game and it'll allow you to play the Fuji-Q Highland Labyrinth of Fear version of the hospital level.
I'm still not sure what that version is for. Do they, like, broadcast the game there as a DS Download Play application or have a display with the game running this version on it? I'd look at the website, but it's in Japanese and I can't understand anything there. Googling doesn't seem to help, either.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Hey, just played the game (closed my windows, too damn bright outside, and it's hard to see on my TSphat), it's seriously creepy. 3D surround sound is the way to go, baby. standard stereo just won't do it for me anymore. :)

oh yeah, not quite a typo, but at Tomoka and Ikuta's wedding, Tomoka's the bride right? Well, when Ikuta drops dead, and you check on his sprite, it says "She isn't breathing". I figured, it's a "he", not a "she", unless they're lesbians getting married, which would be pretty damn cool if it is.

gonna go play again. it's kinda hard to explore when you're too busy running (and what's with all these locked doors? FFFFFFFFFUUUUUU i don't wanna get trapped) XD

EDIT: oh yeah, anybody noticed the "blind spot" yet? it should be fairly obvious, but holding the DS like a book, you get a narrow middle screen, and the top screen turns into a left screen, giving you limited peripheral vision (to the left), sort of like a panoramic screen. but not having a right screen gives you this glaring blind spot, and seeing those things chasing you on the left screen while you're focused on the middle is pretty darn nice.

Ryusui

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
watercrown.info
XP
Country
United States
It'd be neat if positive response to this translation inspired Square-Enix to remake the game on 3DS or Vita and actually publish it in English this time.

Or maybe we should contact XSEED and see if they'd be willing to take a risk on publishing the game using our translation. I mean, we've already done 99% of the work for them. :3

(That, and it wouldn't be the first time they based their localization on a fan translation - Ys: The Oath in Felghana for PSP, for one.)

Reactions: 1 person

dukemagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
small typo found:
System: NINTENDO DS
Flashcart Name and Firmware Version: Wood R4 v1.26
Patch Version: 1.00
Days Remaining: 5
Character's Gender: Male
Detailed Description of Bug: (in spoilers... if the bbcode still works)
Inside the "cursed game" in day five, you see a marriage happening, then you see a ghost/something going northeast. after you follow it you hear a scream and find the marriage ruined: the man suddenly died.if you check the man's body, however, it says "she isn't braathing". it should be "he isn't breathing"
[/p]
edit: yeah, it was posted before... just noticed now. sorry.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
small typo found:
System: NINTENDO DS
Flashcart Name and Firmware Version: Wood R4 v1.26
Patch Version: 1.00
Days Remaining: 5
Character's Gender: Male
Detailed Description of Bug: (in spoilers... if the bbcode still works)
Inside the "cursed game" in day five, you see a marriage happening, then you see a ghost/something going northeast. after you follow it you hear a scream and find the marriage ruined: the man suddenly died.if you check the man's body, however, it says "she isn't braathing". it should be "he isn't breathing"
[/p]
edit: yeah, it was posted before... just noticed now. sorry.
Damnit, we (as in the team, not me) fixed this twice already.
First it said "He isn't breathing" when you check the woman in a female playthrough. THEN it said "She isn't breathing" in the male playthrough. NOW it's back to this again! I'm thinking the game uses the same line for either gender.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
First it said "He isn't breathing" when you check the woman in a female playthrough. THEN it said "She isn't breathing" in the male playthrough. NOW it's back to this again! I'm thinking the game uses the same line for either gender.
Maybe the line could be replaced with:
"There is no pulse."

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the line could be replaced with:
"There is no pulse."
I don't know. I was thinking:
"They aren't breathing."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I would do anything for love, but I won't do that? Lol