UNEEK = USB Nand / s Emulation Kit

Reactions: SaulFabre

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sneek folder is what you want. Uneek also uses the sneek folder, but it's on the hdd. Try modmii to create the necessary files.

Reactions: johw

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what you mean by that. mod mii should be able to create the files for you. they don't need anything from the system from what I remember as they're all generic.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

unfortunately, I don't have those wii sneek files either. I have neek2o for the vwii, but those sorts of files can't be shared, because they contain official code I believe. @Cyan or @alexander1970 might be able to help you get those files with modmii. I'm pretty sure it's in there.

johw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know what you mean by that. mod mii should be able to create the files for you. they don't need anything from the system from what I remember as they're all generic.

unfortunately, I don't have those wii sneek files either. I have neek2o for the vwii, but those sorts of files can't be shared, because they contain official code I believe. @Cyan or @alexander1970 might be able to help you get those files with modmii. I'm pretty sure it's in there.

https://a.imagem.app/Ak3wnT.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it getting stuck? I think you originally used tortoise svn to download the contents needed. it even works with github, but it should work with anywhere. I never used mod mii for my sneek. I did the old fashioned way, which you can find a tutorial for on hacksden. neek2o on the vwii -- I downloaded that. it's supposed to be a leak on vwii only, so it's hard to find.

I can't find the link on hacksden, but here's another link that uses modmii though: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/sneek

johw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
is it getting stuck? I think you originally used tortoise svn to download the contents needed. it even works with github, but it should work with anywhere. I never used mod mii for my sneek. I did the old fashioned way, which you can find a tutorial for on hacksden. neek2o on the vwii -- I downloaded that. it's supposed to be a leak on vwii only, so it's hard to find.

I can't find the link on hacksden, but here's another link that uses modmii though: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/sneek
how did you set up your SNEEK? SD and USB

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it was originally sneek, but then I moved on to uneek. I can't recall if they're the same files, but neek2o that I got for the vwii works on usb, so I have uneek2o technically.

wait a minute, maybe I do have it. check this out from one of my hdds:

upload_2021-1-31_12-15-44.png

I think kernel.bin, di.bin, and font.bin might be what you want. that's how it is with the vwii except it's the vwiikernel.bin. I don't know if font and di.bin are the same on both systems though.

I also have this:
upload_2021-1-31_12-18-14.png

I think this is for going back to regular nand, which is unneeded on the vwii. exiting out of a neek title on the vwii causes it to reload the wii u side of the system almost as if it resets.

I don't even think the di.bin is needed unless you play on doing disc stuff. without it and trying something like that, at least on the vwii, I think the system will freeze.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made the originals I used using the hacksden tutorial, but these I downloaded from somewhere (I think here), because someone accidentally uploaded them. that's when Cyan told me which files were actually needed for the virtual wii, which there are only 2 or 3 files needed, so I think sneek/uneek on the wii is probably the same. just kernel.bin, font.bin, and if you want di.bin.

I'd send them to you, but I don't recall exactly what's needed for the wii. I think it's just those 3 files, but I don't know if the vwii and wii use the same font and di.bin. they don't use the same kernel.bin. they're even named differently as you can see. I could give you the entire lot, but I don't know if you'll know which files to use.

johw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@godreborn

thank you very much for responding promptly.
I will search further

This video is Portuguese
see only the files the boy copies

Last edited by johw,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the files, but I think it's accurate. you don't need the config files as those are made automatically. and, the rest of it seems unrelated. I only needed those three files on the virtual wii for example, and I never install nswitch on the wii when I was using uneek.

you can use sneek with usb loader gx easily, even load into uneek by using features:

20200710_001255_HDR.jpg

johw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have this wii - Wii 4.3U com bootIOS e BootMii as Boot2.
even following the video I can't emulate it will be because my wii is BootMii as Boot2?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't need sneek on the sd card if using uneek. I don't know if that's causing the issue, but you might want to wait for @Cyan . he's the expert at sneek. that screen looks familiar, but I haven't used sneek on the wii in over a decade. a black screen might be good, because it black screens when it loads sneek or uneek. it waits until it loads the entire nand, so if you have many games, it could take a while. that's why it's best only to have games that need neek, so even though everything would be ideal, it's not a smart thing to do.

you can tell something is happening by the usb activity light. if it's flashing, it's probably working.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let's wait for the boy

you might try sneek with usb loader gx. create a nand backup (in features), then link to custom paths. add some wads to it (also in features), then inject those wads to the normal emunand. redo the custom path to the normal emunand. then with those games, change the game settings to use the neek emunand path. try the game. or you can just create an emunand (in features), then set it in custom paths. then, choose load neek (also in features). have sneek only on the usb, not on the sd card at all. see if the usb activity light keeps blinking. do this with no games to see it loads up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Orange ocean Hawaiian punch is pretty good but @BigOnYa keeps putting vodka in it