Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

shruikan_grx

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi, thanks a lot for your guide it really helped me and I was able to get it to work.

I just have a question about the 40 game limit.
So I mistakenly added too many forwarders the first time I did it and now only a portion of my games are showing up. I realize i have to choose just my top 40.
You said to "Copy any DSiWare/forwarder you don't use, to your SD Card, and delete it from System Memory." but i don't know where to find the forwarders I installed. Which folder did they get installed to? So that I can delete the ones I don't need to end up with around 40 left.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, thanks a lot for your guide it really helped me and I was able to get it to work.

I just have a question about the 40 game limit.
So I mistakenly added too many forwarders the first time I did it and now only a portion of my games are showing up. I realize i have to choose just my top 40.
You said to "Copy any DSiWare/forwarder you don't use, to your SD Card, and delete it from System Memory." but i don't know where to find the forwarders I installed. Which folder did they get installed to? So that I can delete the ones I don't need to end up with around 40 left.
They're in "Data Management", in "DSiWare".

lva789hp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I recently update nds-bootstrap and TWL++ to the lastest version and finally Pokemon Black 2 is working now, however when I run it from the forwarder, it still stuck after load into the save file, how can I fix this issue?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The forwarder template has been updated!
  • DSiWare can now be booted!
  • Tried fixing AP-fixes not being read again.
  • The ROM list from melonDS is now used to determine the launched DS game's save size.
The forwarder guide has also been updated so now Nintendo DSi users can make and install forwarders!

celebi23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 This guide has been super helpful. Thank you! I did come across an issue though. The forwarder I made for Pokémon White 2 has the animated icon but, a forwarder that I made for Shantae Risky's Revenge doesn't have an animated icon. No DSiWare forwarders have an animated icon. Both icons animate in the forwarder program though. Here's what the forwarder program looks like for each case:

TEVHQkB.png

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Are animated DSiWare icons not supported in forwarders? Also, Shantae isn't showing up as DSi enhanced. Am I missing a setting or something?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 This guide has been super helpful. Thank you! I did come across an issue though. The forwarder I made for Pokémon White 2 has the animated icon but, a forwarder that I made for Shantae Risky's Revenge doesn't have an animated icon. No DSiWare forwarders have an animated icon. Both icons animate in the forwarder program though. Here's what the forwarder program looks like for each case:

TEVHQkB.png

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Are animated DSiWare icons not supported in forwarders? Also, Shantae isn't showing up as DSi enhanced. Am I missing a setting or something?
DSi-Exclusive ROMs are currently misdetected as standard DS games. Forwarder3-DS would need to be fixed to support them.

Dead-Lit

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello. I would like to report an exception problem that I had with the Forwarder3DS application on Windows 10. The problem is that since I'm new here, it won't let me attach images or post links. Anyway, I think that many of you have not been able to run that application, even correctly installing java on your computers.

There is a problem with applications made in Java, using native libraries, causing it to not find the corresponding paths in somes operative systems. That is why many people can run an application and others not, because they need to install Microsoft Visual C ++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable to fix it.

You can download one of the following files

vcredist_x86.exe
or
vcredist_x64.exe

It will depend on the architecture your PC uses.

I was able to fix this problem by installing vcredist_x64.exe. If there is someone else who has encountered this problem, you could suggest this solution, ideally at the beginning of this post, to avoid people asking too much.

Greetings!.

Last edited by Dead-Lit,
Reactions: RocketRobz

ChaosWeeb

Pleb Modding King
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I've followed the tutorial step for step like its said, and every time I boot a forwarder CIA, it takes me to the rom selection menu (its all black tho). I have an R4i Gold RTS. I do have TWiLight Menu++ on BOTH my 3DS and flashcart. I don't understand.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've followed the tutorial step for step like its said, and every time I boot a forwarder CIA, it takes me to the rom selection menu (its all black tho). I have an R4i Gold RTS. I do have TWiLight Menu++ on BOTH my 3DS and flashcart. I don't understand.
Use TWiLight Menu++ instead then. idk how to fix this.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...