PS1/2 Need some help with softmodding my PS2.

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've already done the Memory Card Exploit with the help of a friend who transferred the necessary files onto my memory card. I'm currently playing most of my games off a HDD using the exploit where you insert a PSX game into your PS2 to prompt the memory card's elf files. The main problem now is that my PS2's lens is so messed up (got it since launch) and is now having trouble even reading PSX games. I need to know if there's a way for me to completely skip the PSX game loading and just skip to reading the elf file instead (HDLoader in my case).

Much thanks.

EDIT: I also have a AR MAX and it can transfer files from USB to Memory Card but it takes forever for my PS2 to read it.
FreeMCBoot seems to be what I'm looking for but I want to ask if there's any method that lets me hack the PS2 itself since if my Memory Card does become corrupt, I won't be able to execute any HDLoader.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Start the Free McBoot installer with your ps1 exploit. And if you worry about corrupting your memory card, then get a 2nd one, and make regular backups of your card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn jack must've came loose outside over all the weather and a tech can't come out until the...