Homebrew NeoDS - Neo Geo Emulator

funk49

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't see anything about this emulator here. So I thought I'd let you all know.

http://groups.google.com/group/neods

It uses the same roms as mame, but they must be converted for this emulator.

"INTRODUCTION

This is a NeoGeo AES/MVS emulator for the Nintendo DS. It can run all types of NeoGeo roms with some limitations.

Currently emulated:

* M68000 cpu (cyclone)
* Z80 cpu (DrZ80)
* All forms of NeoGeo protection/encryption
* Graphics
* ADPCM audio
* PSG audio

Not emulated:

* FM audio
* Raster effects
* Multiplayer
* Some timings are not that accurate

FM audio has already been done in jEnesisDS, so it is possible in theory. It will be hard to squeeze it into NeoDS, as both the ARM7 and ARM9 are pretty busy. But I will try. Most of the graphics in NeoDS are drawn with textured quads. Emulating raster effects using this method would require more polygons per frame than the DS is capable of (as far as I can tell). It may be possible to emulate raster effects using the DS 2D hardware, but there are lots of reasons why this would be difficult."

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Well, hes not blind, just stoopid.. Thanks for letting us know anyway, although we have already been notified of this.. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 times I think..
tongue.gif

agent95324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me, but I've been having trouble looking for the NeoGeo Roms. I've seen tuts on what to do and everything, it's just that I cant find the correct roms.

Before I am to convert the roms, the zip must contain .bin files right? Well here's my problem, everywhere I search/google, I can only find the zips with .rom inside, I have yet to find some with .bins.

EDIT: Is this correct?

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
agent95324 said:
Excuse me, but I've been having trouble looking for the NeoGeo Roms. I've seen tuts on what to do and everything, it's just that I cant find the correct roms.

Before I am to convert the roms, the zip must contain .bin files right? Well here's my problem, everywhere I search/google, I can only find the zips with .rom inside, I have yet to find some with .bins.

EDIT: Is this correct?

The 'mame' roms not 'neogeo' roms are the ones with .bin files. Although not all mame roms have bin files.

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this once but it wouldn't read anything. Also, it left a "lingering file". Basically it wouldn't delete and was 0 bytes. Had to delete it at a friend's house.

Sp33der

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Devil May Cry said:
I tried this once but it wouldn't read anything. Also, it left a "lingering file". Basically it wouldn't delete and was 0 bytes. Had to delete it at a friend's house.

You could also check the folder for mistakes, and then delete it, but owh well i inly had that problem with my microsd en dsorganize

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
any metal slug i try to convert fails to play

any help?

i succesfully converted kof 2001 something

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
jan, two more things:
1- you need proper bios which I donno which is yet
2- another guy confirmed MS4 working too, it seems that older version's converter works on some game's better than new ones.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i saw it too

if it still wont work ima just gonna give up and play it on the wii (MS anthology)

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Does anyone know why NeoDSConvert just converts 5 of my roms? they all work in MAME (most of them don't show up in the list I wonder, but they run when I select them from the list)

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
test84 said:
jan, one guy here scucessfully played Metal Slug 1 at proper speed, not other versions, just first one.

I can play every Metal slug, all at decent speed. And what are the bios for, I don't use it, I just load the .neo files from the menu that is there when you start the file.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
you should have neogeo.zip (which is the bios file) in same directory as NeoDSConvert.exe so the produced .neo files have proper bios.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...