Gaming Net play is maybe becoming free

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not about looks, it's about responsiveness and playability.
and in some games a higher framerate is necessary to avoid either motion sickness or to actually be able to aim
probably don't ever notice this as being an issue as I don't play many shooters or games in general

D

Deleted User

There aren't many games that can be hindered by 60FPS (aside of stylistic examples, like abovementioned World of Horror), but I don't see how something like turn-based or slow-paced titles benefit from 60FPS all that much, honestly.
it's really a prefference thing, personally 30 fps makes me feel dizzy. i've noticed that anime has looked noticeable worse in my eyes since i started playing games at 144 fps, characters talking looks allrigt, after all, its just switching between open mouth and closed mouth, maybe blinking, but when they do any kind of zooming/panning it looks very choppy, and it's odd, because they could easily make those scenes 60 fps without drawing more

Reactions: Pipistrele

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Online paywall was stupid anyway and people are playing ms exclusives online on pc without paying any monthly paywall for it. So they should just embrace free online play and just let people pay a fee for other type of subscriptions.

Reactions: Deleted User

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's really a prefference thing, personally 30 fps makes me feel dizzy. i've noticed that anime has looked noticeable worse in my eyes since i started playing games at 144 fps, characters talking looks allrigt, after all, its just switching between open mouth and closed mouth, maybe blinking, but when they do any kind of zooming/panning it looks very choppy, and it's odd, because they could easily make those scenes 60 fps without drawing more

Last edited by Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee,

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
looks better than the original even if it's interpolated and not native, but if you were to do that natiely you'd obiously draw more, i was talking about those scenes were they hae one long drawing and scroll through it
I know what you were talking about. Why don't you buy Smooth Video Project? Thought you would really want it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No one saying anything at the Xbox conference today.
I don't agree. They will announce it.

D

Deleted User

I know what you were talking about. Why don't you buy Smooth Video Project? Thought you would really want it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't agree. They will announce it.
definitely will look into it when i have 20 dollars to spare, or if i ever get arround to switching mostly to linux, thanks

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
definitely will look into it when i have 20 dollars to spare, or if i ever get arround to switching mostly to linux, thanks
OH CRAP!

It's FREE for Linux?

Bingo!

I went on their website just now to check why you said Linux because I know it's on Windows and I wanted to check if it's on Mac for you. Wow, I have wanted it for so long but I never realized it's free if I use it on Linux. Shake my head.

I finally get to have it. Thank you a big bunch!

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
looks better than the original even if it's interpolated and not native, but if you were to do that natiely you'd obiously draw more, i was talking about those scenes were they hae one long drawing and scroll through it
I disagree that it looks better. Frame interpolation straight up hurts my eyes.

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is clearly frame interpolation and looks worse than a 30 FPS source, though, lol.
Way to ruin the mood (or try to).

Wise peep, the source is more like 24fps or lower. Show me 24fps Gemini Man interpolated to 60fps, next to original 60fps (well .. original was 120fps) Gemini Man and I will see how bad the interpolated one is.

Even then, that's not the same thing as a cartoon.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Way to ruin the mood (or try to).

Wise peep, the source is more like 24fps or lower. Show me 24fps Gemini Man interpolated to 60fps, next to original 60fps (well .. original was 120fps) Gemini Man and I will see how bad the interpolated one is.

Even then, that's not the same thing as a cartoon.
I'm not trying to ruin the mood, I just don't think this is a great solution. Pushing for natively higher frame rates in media would be more effective and fruitful. Sorry for having an opinion you don't like.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope online play becomes free for Xbone and 360 as well.

Stands to reason they'd have to if there's no way of buying a sub... unless they discontinue 360/xb1 online play.
I'll be happy if it does go free - I've not had Xbox Gold since I got my PS4/PSPlus, and there's quite a few games in my 360 library I'd like to dip back into... it may even entice me to buy an xbone finally.

Reactions: Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee
D

Deleted User

OH CRAP!

It's FREE for Linux?

Bingo!

I went on their website just now to check why you said Linux because I know it's on Windows and I wanted to check if it's on Mac for you. Wow, I have wanted it for so long but I never realized it's free if I use it on Linux. Shake my head.

I finally get to have it. Thank you a big bunch!
no problem man, i should be the one thanking you for showing me svp
Pushing for natively higher frame rates in media would be more effective and fruitful.
thats why i talked about those scenes that are clearly one picture being scrolled, it pretty much cost nothing to scroll that at 60 fps or more

Reactions: AkikoKumagara
D

Deleted User

But there are the other scenes which could cost a lot to do at 60 instead of 24 (or is it even as low as 21 or less with cartoons?).

Anime is already notoriously expensive and cost-ineffective to make.
most scenes that arent scrolling are just switching between open mouth/close mouth, that i dont mind being low framerate as its hard to notice any difference, but on an action show yeah, it's pretty much drawing twice as much, 3d animated movies wouldnt be that much better off, as some frames take hours to render, unless they use something that allows to render in real time (like a game engine or blender eevee), live action is odd, most movie studios rely on that classic 24 fps, many still film on, well, film, probably were the limitation derived from, as i cant see good quality film being cheap and using less than half of it might be easier on the budget

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think it's not gonna be free but gold will be merged to gamepass and gamepass itself gonna be more expensive. Games with gold probably gonna be removed ... kinda sad im not complaining about games with gold even if they not 5/10. I've got alot of classics for my xone thanks to gold.

Reactions: MrCokeacola

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought I saw a puttie snatch...