Homebrew New Forwarders, With USB2.0 speed!

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I made these for my own personal use, but I started thinking and thought maybe others might want them too, At worst, it saves some time for some people. I've made some new forwarder dols based off the WiiMC forwarder source, and changed it to mount the USB drive FIRST instead of SD, and added a retry if and only if USB fails to mount, for those with slower HDD's and/or those with pre/priiloader booting straight into apps that use USB drives.

They feature:
USB 2.0 loading speeds (Tantric's emulators all boot from my HDD in around 1 second now, Faster than my high speed SD card
wink.gif
)
It mounts NTFS, which means, like WiiMC you can have the app in your NTFS partition and it will boot it
Pre/Priiloader compatible.
Proper widescreen support, it auto detects if your using Widescreen, and loads the proper splash, rather than simply stretching it across the screen
They use IOS 202 to load, so make sure thats installed. Failsafe of IOS61 if 202 is not found.
If your USB drive fails to Mount properly, it waits 2 seconds and retry's.
Matching splash/loading screens
All forwarders check in this order, SD > USB FAT > USB NTFS in the path listed below

Emulators
Super Nintendo​
Forwards to:
apps/Snes9xGX/boot.dol

This Channel is originally by Vibestar, Modded by Neorame. I put the original music back in and Volume Leveled it so it was no longer louder than NES/GBA channels. The Splash graphics are Pepxl's from his forwarder page (I really like his splashes he used, they are well done
yaywii.gif
), But i modded the controller to be a USA Super Nintendo controller and injected my new dol
tongue.gif
Super Nintendo - Updated 07-03-2010

Nintendo​
Forwards to:
apps/fceugx/boot.dol

This Channel is originally by Vibestar, Modded by Neorame. The Splash graphics are Pepxl's from his forwarder page. (I really like his splashes he used, they are well done
yaywii.gif
). I simply injected my new dol.
Nintendo

Gameboy/Advance/Color​
Forwards to:
apps/vbagx/boot.dol

This Channel I made myself Using Vibestars theme he set for NES/SNES. The graphics came from various places, which i modded and fit to the theme of the emulator channels so all 3 of tantrics would match
smile.gif
, The Splash graphics are Pepxl's from his forwarder page. (I really like his splashes he used, they are well done
yaywii.gif
)
Gameboy

Wii64​
Forwards to:
apps/vbagx/boot.dol

This channel is not mine, but for completness im posting it here, the forwarder dol works with Beta 1.1 and USB 2.0 mod of Beta 1.1(Honey) both entering and exiting the app, and the channel is pretty good IMO, credits goes to them, Sorry i found it off google a while back so i dont know there name. I wish i could find the source code for it though, to add the USB 2.0 and NTFS Code to it, but with this app, it seems (For some odd reason) You take what you can get as long as it works
tongue.gif

Nintendo 64

Apps

WiiXplorer​
Forwards to:
apps/WiiXplorer/boot.dol

This Channel I did not create, infact im not sure exactly who did it but i believe it was Neorame
smile.gif
. I took out the cursor/hand in it, made a splash screen from graphics within and injected my dol.
WiiXplorer

Wad Manager​
Forwards to:
apps/wadmanager/boot.dol

This Channel I did not create, I've had it for ages, i got it off wadder's original/very old forums, Sorry i dont know who made it to credit them, but the channel is awesome so thank you!. I made a splash screen from graphics within and injected my dol.
Wad Manager

Thats all for now, WiiFlow one will have to wait, it gets additional treatment
wink.gif
and nobody will have a use for my WiiWare one yet.

Credits:
My Friend Macfionn for the splash/photoshop help (Thanks!)
Tantric for the amazing forwarder source.
Vibestar for some great channels.
Neorame for great graphics/mods of channels used as bases.
Pepxl for some of his splash artwork i re-created.
Miigotu and r-win (The WiiFlow team) This started originaly only cause of WiiFlow
ph34r.gif
. They both answered my (n00b) coding questions so I could get this done!
My good friends the googles, they know all!
rofl.gif

Anyone else i missed

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi. Very beautifull work. I've tested wadmanager forwarder, only one bug when i press home to exit it show code dumps.

Hmmm. I love this work, and i like to see the forwarder souces if is not a problem for you
wink.gif

I don't want to release nothing, only for my personal use. Thanx. But if there are difficult, ok. I love your work anymore.
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xabby666 said:
Hi. Very beautifull work. I've tested wadmanager forwarder, only one bug when i press home to exit it show code dumps.

Hmmm. I love this work, and i like to see the forwarder souces if is not a problem for you
wink.gif

I don't want to release nothing, only for my personal use. Thanx. But if there are difficult, ok. I love your work anymore.
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

Hi xabby, thanks for your kind words, im glad you like them
smile.gif
. I will get you the source sure np, It will be later today (when i get home) though.

As far as dumping on exit with wad manager, I've never had this problem, infact mine works i tested it this morning again just to make sure. Maybe its the version of wad manager your using, not sure. I personally use Yet Another Wad Manager Mod and it works great for everything

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
nice to see more ppl creating forwarders, the more the merrier, any chance u could PM me the modded WiiMC forwarder source you used, cheers

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the delay I've been real busy in real life stuff recently, but I will make it a point to get you guys the source tonight. I dont know how needed the mount USB retry is for most apps, but it does not hurt anything, again this was only added originally cause of WiiFlow (and loading from Pre/Priiloader)
smile.gif

BTW, I will do any requests... But before anyone asks GenplusGX and Wii64 will NOT work in there current state, something to do with the entry point (I think) and i cant find an actual working source with them to see how they got it working through USB at all, even at 1.1 speeds, if i could find it then i could add it in properly. At current they just Blackscreen.

P.S. If anyone cares and/or would like to help, I could use short vid's of the channels, videos are alot better than trying to explain them. I dont have the needed hardware to make the vids. Thanks

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tantric said:
Source is on WiiMC site, since the forwarder was written by me: http://code.google.com/p/wiimc/source/brow...orwarder/source

Indeed it is your source Tantric (I hoped i had made that very clear?
bow.gif
) At any rate I hope nobody thought I wrote this from scratch... and Thanks again Tantric, your work is by far the best forwarder out there.

You can get the source from WiiMC as mentioned above... but it will not contain the USB mounting retry changes

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updates first post with a slightly modified "Fixed" version of Super Nintendo, I think it matches alot better now, it always looked funny to me how the Super Nintendo logo didnt have an outline and the icon above did, So I fixed that
smile.gif
. I've also added the Super Nintendo Icon to the icon of the channel, to make it match better to the others.

Also added a Wii64 channel, details above

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks man for the Wii64 forwarder! I was using the exact one except it had a little sign that came up on the top left of the channel that said Wii64 beta 1.1(honey) which your does not! Your one is future proof!

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luminalace said:
Thanks man for the Wii64 forwarder! I was using the exact one except it had a little sign that came up on the top left of the channel that said Wii64 beta 1.1(honey) which your does not! Your one is future proof!

Your welcome, yes i had forgotten i took that out of it, should have mentioned it. Thats the exact reason i took it out cause IMO there is no reason for a forwarder channel if you cant update the app simply by replacing the boot.dol file, this one was locked to 1.1 only, which is silly xD

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey thanks again for giving me peplx's forwarder after injecting it! It worked perfectly! Can you tell me how to do that?

I have found a nice Wiisx forwarder but it wont work with Wiisx beta 2.0! Hopefully injecting it works!

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To inject the forwarder dol or any dol for that matter into a channel, use the Program Customize Mii. Load the wad you want and go to options tab, find the line that says new dol, and click browse, point it to your new dol you want, then click create wad.

Injecting the dol it will work exactly the same way as it does without it being injected, meaning if the dol doesnt work outside of the channel, it wont work inside the channel, if you want i can compile the USB 2.0 forwarder and see if that works for wiisx, but in fairness i kinda doubt it will, its from the same group wii64 and im sure has alot of similar loading code/entry point, but its worth a shot.

Just tell me where you want it to point to and ill post it for you to test it out (I dont have/use that application so i dont know the folder names for it)

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i got the forwarder from http://rapidshare.com/files/340692645/WiiS...ators_-WISX.rar.

I think it's made by XFlak from this site or atleast from his forwarder page!

It should point to apps/wiiSX

Again dude I dont even know where to begin thanking you!

I have been hacking my Wii for ages and only joined GBATEMP recently (I was a Tehskeen man back in the day) but am totally flabbergasted at the help I have received, especially from you!

Kudos to you mate!

P.S I also think it might be time for you to check out Wiisx beta 2. So far the three games I am running work very well!

UPDATE: I tried customizemii but sadly the wad doesnt work!

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem, really all im doing takes a few seconds only its nothing special, but you are welcome all the same
smile.gif

Here is a TEST wad, Its safe from bricking but I do not know if the forwarder works, i compiled one that points to apps/WiiSX/boot.dol folder, for now i left splashes blank, tell me if it works, if by some chance it does work ill create a splash and add it to the first post, but test it first please if you can

PlayStation TEST

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn it doesn't work! It comes up with a black screen like the one I tried with customizemii!

That is the only WiiSX forwarder I have found so far and googling beta2 forwarders nets me no results!

If you do get it to work you should post this up the top!

P.S It may take you only a few minutes but that's a few minutes of work for you that I don't take for granted!

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thats what i thought would happen, I'll see what i can do when I get some time and i actually set that application up (lol). You could always inject the apps .dol into the channel and it will work at least, for now.

Thanks for your test though
smile.gif

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry dumb question but isnt that what I already did with customizemii! I used the boot.dol from my apps page and injected it into my existing wad. Did I do it wrong?

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luminalace said:
Sorry dumb question but isnt that what I already did with customizemii! I used the boot.dol from my apps page and injected it into my existing wad. Did I do it wrong?

Yep thats all you've got to do, it wont forward anywhere, but instead load from the wii itself, until a forwarder gets worked out
smile.gif

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Dumb question:

If I take the USB Loader GX forwarder I have installed and extract the dol file from it and then inject it into your forwarder channel will I get USB 2.0 speed for that? Or is it all in the dol itself?

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
luminalace said:

Yep thats all you've got to do, it wont forward anywhere, but instead load from the wii itself, until a forwarder gets worked out
smile.gif

OK so I did it right but it still didn't work! You did that for Pepxl's Wii64 channel too right but that acts as a forwarder ie. with No SD card inserted it doesnt load! So what I'm saying is it's not a self contained channel but a real working forwarder...How Did you do that?

Anyway thanks again...I am quite happy to use WiiSX from the HBC atm!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster